Message 1 of 2 (144 Views)

hp pavilion desktop reset: do I need any disks?

long story short: my computer is running slow and every click I do online sends me to 3 different places(pop up windows and pages) before I close all of those and get to the web page I wanted. I know I have a bunch of unneeded things on my computer and just want to reset it to factory settings. I've checked that I am able to get all the things I need back like Microsoft office and etc. now I just want to make sure the computer and windows will be good. So, for the computer it's self do I need any disks? If so what are they and if I don't have them where can I get them?

I'm a very thorough person when it comes to something that is really important to me. Lol, I'll probably have a heart attack if my computer goes completely out on me. Smiley Happy

My computer model is: MS225, and I have Windows 7

Master's Graduate
Message 2 of 2 (134 Views)

Re: hp pavilion desktop reset: do I need any disks?

Hi! See if this helps.

PS If I had your PC in front of me I would try some other things first.

Down load and run Malwarebytes.

Then I would scan it with ESET,MSE, and Tread House Call on line scanners.

Here's ESET on line scanner.

Here's MSE on line scanner.

You can also type MRT in search and run Windows deffeder.

If these come up with no malware, then restore back to factory.

I always try the above first because I hate having to reinstall all the Apps and up dates. Back to factory is like a brand new install. After reading your post, I suspect you have a infected machine. What are you running for protection?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation