Question

Tutor
eknirb
Message 1 of 10 (1,855 Views)

keyboard query

Have a KU 1060 keyboard I got with my new HP PC- H8 1010T, 12.0 64bit. 

On the top row of the keyboard, there's a lit up "1."  What is this for?

Associate Professor
frrw
Message 2 of 10 (1,808 Views)

Re: keyboard query

I think it means your numbers key pad is locked. Press your numbers lock key and see if the light turns off. Or it may mean the numbers key pad is off.If the numbers key pad is lock you wouldn't be able to use these keys !@#$%^&(). It has been very long time sence I used a keyboard or tower pc. Not listed in help and support. I checked. I just checked my Touchsmart key board I pressed numbers lock key and 1 lighted up on my screen.

Student
casualdon
Message 3 of 10 (1,770 Views)

Num Lock

Intern
seatac10
Message 4 of 10 (1,764 Views)

Num Lock

If you want to use the numeric keypad on the right end of the keyboard to display numbers, the Num Lock key must be selected (usually a light above the Num Lock will indicate that it is on). If you want to use the keypad to navigate within a document, turn off Num Lock by pressing the key (the light will go off).

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
Honor Student
wdwills
Message 5 of 10 (1,384 Views)

Is there a manual or instuctions for this keyboard posted somewhere?

Honor Student
grandchild8
Message 6 of 10 (716 Views)

All this just to find out how the keyboard works?!

How does the keyboard work? Is there a calulator on the keyboard?

What are the "help" keys

Thanks...

PhD Student
PeaceLily
Message 7 of 10 (700 Views)

Hi grandchild8,

Please give this a try. If you click on your desktop (anywhere there isn't an icon) and hit the F1 key, it should bring up Windows Help and Support. Type in "keyboard," hit Enter, and it should list a bunch of links to help you get more familiar with your keyboard. If this doesn't work for you, please post back with your computer model and operating system info. Hope this helps!

Please click the thumbs up button to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.
I work on behalf of HP.
Honor Student
slvrdollrprod
Message 8 of 10 (565 Views)

beside the num lock "1" I see a caps lock "A" and I see something that looks like an arrow pointing down to a line-what is that one- just recently lit up?

PhD Student
PeaceLily
Message 9 of 10 (536 Views)

That's the Scroll Lock key. Its functions are rarely used, and you probably wouldn't notice it at all if it wasn't for the indicator light that lights up when it's turned on. It used to change the behavior of the arrow keys, for instance making them scroll up and down on a page of text rather than moving the cursor. Very few applications still allow Scroll Lock to function this way.

If you want to turn it off, just press the Scroll Lock key again and the indicator light should turn off.

Please click the thumbs up button to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.
I work on behalf of HP.
Honor Student
slvrdollrprod
Message 10 of 10 (524 Views)

Thanks so much-that's it.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation