Question

Student
malynco
Message 1 of 6 (7,155 Views)

my computer keeps going to the blue screen and shuts down

My computer keeps giving the blue screen saying that it is going to shut down.  Sometimes it just reboots.  Sometimes it shuts down.  This is a HP Pavilion Model a6323w.  Thank you for any ideas.  This is happening just about constant now.

Student
khtinlinn
Message 2 of 6 (7,149 Views)

Re: my computer keeps going to the blue screen and shuts down

Me 2. I installed new copy of windows. But seems not yet ok. Last night I opened my computer and this morning it hangs

Distinguished Professor
Danjen
Message 3 of 6 (7,145 Views)

This type of behavior can be from bad memory, problem with software/driver corruption, hard drive corruption, video card problem and/or overheating. I would run a check disk on the hard drive. Try to run a memory test program like memtest86 on the machine overnight:

http://www.memtest.org/

If the test hangs, try testing one piece of memory at a time.  Download the hard drive manufacturer's hard drive test and test the hard drive.  Check all the fans and make sure they are not clogged with dust.  Especially pay attention to the video card and if it has a fan, make sure it is spinning freely.  Look at the card and make sure there are not bulging capacitors (rounded tops or a brown substance leaking out the top).  Check the mother board for bad caps as well.  If you have a volt/ohm meter, check the power supply.  Run a full virus scan from safe mode if you can.  See if safe mode is more stable.  If it is that may point more toward drivers/software or the high res mode of the video card.  We really need a few more clues.

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.

Student
freddiecarson
Message 4 of 6 (7,061 Views)

BSODor Blue Screen of DEATH usually appears if Windows encountered a problem that it needs to stop completely. It can be hardware, software of driver related. If you have installed new software or hardware then got the error, then that may what cause the problem.

Physical Memory Dump Error is caused by:

*Failure of the compatibility of hardware and software
*Running no of programs at a time : Blue Screen Physical Memory Dump Error is due to improper functioning of both hardware and software of your system. Even if you run more than two programs at a time then also your system may get prone to this error.
*Windows registry issues.

This issues can be resolved by disabling the memory dump that is happening to your computer right now. It might work you just need to try it.

Here's the link. http://www.techyv.com/questions/i-am-getting-memory-dumps-issue

Student
dpeers
Message 5 of 6 (6,824 Views)

unexpected shutdown blue screen.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)
Mini122912-01.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt

View a temporary copy of these files
Warning: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem, opening a copy of the files could harm your computer.

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 1a
BCP1: 00041790
BCP2: C0802122
BCP3: 0000FFFF
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 6 of 6 (6,741 Views)

my computer keeps going to the blue screen and shuts down

Hello dpeers,

Let's start by giving over this article on the error message you are seeing.

Check for driver updates.
Test your memory.
Try rolling the system back to a time before the error happened to identify the exact cause.
http://goo.gl/qS2p2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation