Question

Tutor
rasool4642412
Message 1 of 15 (168 Views)
Accepted Solution

my hard disk had disappeared

please help my
my Windows 7 ultimate damaged and I am trying to install new by using usb
now when I reach to step of disk selection, I don't find any a disk or a partition!!
what's the problem?
please help me
[ Notebook Model Hp compaq 6518b(GM188UCRABG) ]
Associate Professor
Nuccii
Message 2 of 15 (159 Views)

Re: my hard disk had disappeared

I presume you have changed the hard drive, does it show up in Disk Management and did you format it?

What exactly is on the USB?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please mark my post as SOLVED if it has resolved your problem. It helps others with similar situations.
Master's Graduate
finder070
Message 3 of 15 (158 Views)

Hi,

First of all go to your sysem bios and check its detecting your hardisk there or not.. if its not detecting then try to chekc power and data chord.. remove them one by one and plug it again then restart your system to check in bios its detected or not.

if its detected , then use any dvd to install os in your system via cd rom and check at the time of installation its been detected or not..

if still not detected by windows installer and its showing in bios then change the os cd use another cd with diffrent version of windows..

sometimes it aslo happend to me via usb my hdd was not detected ,i had win7 64 bit sp1, when i installed win 7 32 bit its been detected..

chekc and post result..

**Clicking on the Kudos! white star is a nice way to say thank you on any post that helped you or resolved the problem.**
**Selecting "Accept as Solution" for a reply that solves your issue helps others who are searching the web for an answer**
Tutor
rasool4642412
Message 4 of 15 (135 Views)

hi
how I do check system bios if it is detecting my hardisk or not? by (boot device menu)=(f9)? or (rom based setup)=(f10)?
please, learn my step by step
and what about is (storage manager driver)?
it is usefull?
please help my
Tutor
rasool4642412
Message 5 of 15 (133 Views)

hi, Nuccii
I don't have changed my hardisk
and usb is memory card
Associate Professor
Nuccii
Message 6 of 15 (128 Views)

Does the hard drive show up in Disk Management?  Does the computer boot from the USB card to start the reinstall process?  What is the make and model of the computer?

You state you haven't changed the hard drive.  What problem were you having with it for you to decide to reinstall Windows?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please mark my post as SOLVED if it has resolved your problem. It helps others with similar situations.
Master's Graduate
finder070
Message 7 of 15 (119 Views)

HI,

F9 is correct mode for chekcing boot menu.. 

check there foryour hard disk.. its will start From ST, WD or etc according to your hardisk manufacturer..

post result..

**Clicking on the Kudos! white star is a nice way to say thank you on any post that helped you or resolved the problem.**
**Selecting "Accept as Solution" for a reply that solves your issue helps others who are searching the web for an answer**
Tutor
rasool4642412
Message 8 of 15 (112 Views)

hi, nuccii
the hard drive show up in disk management before damaging the system but not now.
yeah,my laptop boot from usb card and Windows start copy files until it reach to select the hardisk but it's not found.
manufacturer is Hewlett-Packard
Notebook Model is Hp compaq 6518b(GM188UCRABG) .
the problem is Windows had damaged.
Tutor
rasool4642412
Message 9 of 15 (109 Views)

hi, finder070
I checked boot menu and and following is showed on screen :
Select boot device:
1- Optical Disk Drive
2- Notebook Disk Drive
3- Network Controller
Tutor
rasool4642412
Message 10 of 15 (105 Views)

sorry, finder070
2-notebook hard drive not notebook disk drive
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation