Question

Honor Student
onna2013
Message 1 of 5 (494 Views)

p6230y Bios Update not working

Updated from Windows 7 to 8 but now I can't update my BIOS. Got the offical update off of HP but still won't work. Says incorrect BIOS for your system (253).

Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 2 of 5 (486 Views)

Re: p6230y Bios Update not working

[ Edited ]

Here are the specs for your HP Pavilion p6230y Desktop Computer and its Software & Driver Downloads page. Based on this information, this model doesn't have a BIOS update listed for any operating system. The following are the available software, drivers, and updates for the originally shipped OS;

Driver - Audio(‏1)

Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Driver - Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices(‏1)

HP Multimedia Keyboard Driver Update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Driver - Network(‏1)

Realtek Networking Controller Driver Update

Driver - Original(‏5)

Original AMD Chipset Driver

Original ATI Graphics Driver

Original Atheros Wireless LAN Driver

Original Realtek High Definition Audio Driver

Original Realtek LAN Driver

Diagnostic(‏1)

PC-Doctor Hardware Diagnostic Tools Update

Operating System - Enhancements and QFEs(‏1)

Windows 7 Hotfix QFE 975741

Order Recovery Media - CD/DVD/USB(‏2)

Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)

English, French Windows 7 Premium 64b 94NAv6PrA1 + Supp 5 Recovery Kit

Software - Multimedia(‏1)

LightScribe System Software Update

Software - Solutions(‏5)

HP Support Assistant Application Update

HP MediaSmart DVD Application Update

HP MediaSmart Music/Video/Photo Application Update

HP Recovery Manager Application Update

HP Support Assistant Update

Utility - Tools(‏2)

HP Advisor Application Update

CyberLink Recovery Discs Utility

Please provide the current BIOS version on your computer. Also provide the exact "sp#####.exe" you are attempting to install on your computer and its BIOS version number. Please indicate what trouble your system is/was having that prompted you to update the BIOS.

Please send KUDOs

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
Honor Student
onna2013
Message 3 of 5 (482 Views)

Trying to turn off the CPU Fan check and current BIOS doesn't support this. Problem is that I get CPU fan failure when booting up but it doesn't work with the Corsair H60 water cooling system and prompts the error most of the time.
Update is for the H-RS880-uATX Motherboard, which is found here: http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTy...
Current BIOS is American Megatrends Inc 5.03, 9/11/2009 and doesn't have the ability to turn off the fan check with current version.
Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 4 of 5 (477 Views)

[ Edited ]

Sorry, but "fan check" is not an item that can be turned off in most HP BIOSes. Additional the BIOS you are trying to install is for a different version of the "Aloe" motherboard (possibly p/n 612498-001 or p/n  618937-002) that supports v6.xx BIOSes. Your "Aloe" motherboard (p/n 537376-001) came with a v5.xx BIOS and can only be upgraded in the version range. Basically, the BIOS isn't for your computer and you are getting an error because the installer can see it is not for your system.

Please send KUDOs

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
Honor Student
onna2013
Message 5 of 5 (473 Views)

It doesn't say anywhere on the motherboard for Aloe just Fairchild MOS H-RS880-UATX
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation