Question

Student
SPangler1
Message 1 of 2 (255 Views)

picture.library-ms no longer working

I'm looking for help, I think its a windows 8 question.

I went away on holiday, leaving my laptop asleep as I usually do, only to come home to find that the picture, music & video files dont work. All have the same error message when you click on them ie "picture.library-ms no longer working". Has anybody else had this? Have I lost all my photos? I hadnt set up skydrive so nothing was backed up. Is it an updating issue?

Please help!!!

Thanks

Master's Graduate
finder070
Message 2 of 2 (240 Views)

Re: picture.library-ms no longer working

Hi

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if the issue persists.

a) Open Windows Explorer.
b) Right-click on Pictures library and then select delete.
c) Click yes for confirmation.
d) Then right-click on the libraries in the navigation pane.
e) Select Restore default libraries.

Note: Deleting a library does not delete the contents of the included folders. However, you may need to re-add or include your folders manually, if needed.

I hope it helps. If you have any issues in future please let us know. We will be happy to help you.
**Clicking on the Kudos! white star is a nice way to say thank you on any post that helped you or resolved the problem.**
**Selecting "Accept as Solution" for a reply that solves your issue helps others who are searching the web for an answer**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation