SaCnNH
Message 1 of 11 (218 Views)
Accepted Solution

trouble downloading everything

[ Edited ]

Hi I have a HP Pavilion dv6000

s/n:[edited by Moderator]

p/n: RG360VA#ABA

I used recovery disks to set back my computer to factory settings because of issues it was having updating Chrome. It is the first edition of September 2006 and I can't seem to update anything now.

george-p
Message 2 of 11 (215 Views)

Re: trouble downloading everything

Hi SaCnNh,

"Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. I'm sorry to inform you that your post has needed some editing to remove personal information such as the Serial Number in your post. From our Rules of Participation:

Protect privacy - yours and others'. Don't share anything about yourself that you would not want to see on a road-side billboard. Don't post contact or other personal information-your own or anyone else's-or any content that you receive in one-to-one communications without the author's consent. For example, don’t post your computer’s serial # or contact information publicly, and do not allow someone you don’t know to remotely take control of your computer.

If you need people to contact you directly, either ask them to send you a private message or subscribe to the thread so you will be notified when there are replies. You may also click on your name anywhere in the forum and you will be taken to your profile page, where you can find a list of threads you have participated in.

Sharing personal email addresses, telephone numbers, and last names is not allowed for your safety. If you have any questions feel free to send me a private message in reply.

Thank you"
George

I work for HP
Master's Graduate
Dokie
Message 3 of 11 (207 Views)

SaCnNH wrote:

Hi I have a HP Pavilion dv6000

s/n:[edited by Moderator]

p/n: RG360VA#ABA

I used recovery disks to set back my computer to factory settings because of issues it was having updating Chrome. It is the first edition of September 2006 and I can't seem to update anything now.

Hi Not being able to up date Chrome is no reason to restore your PC to factory setting. Please explain what you mean by you can't update anything. What are you trying to update??

Dokie!!

Top Student
SaCnNH
Message 4 of 11 (188 Views)

My computer needs updates and can't download them. I discovered last night that Microsoft update is not working. Now I just need help on how to fix it.

Master's Graduate
Dokie
Message 5 of 11 (179 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi! I see you have XP operating system. You can start here and see if any thing helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/2497281

Dokie!

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/service-packs-download#sptabs=xp

Top Student
SaCnNH
Message 6 of 11 (163 Views)

Thank you.

Master's Graduate
Dokie
Message 7 of 11 (156 Views)

Hi! You are very welcome!:smileyhappy:

Top Student
SaCnNH
Message 8 of 11 (139 Views)

Hi again,

I already have service pack 3 installed on my computer. I tried to update MS Update again, it said it required Framework 2.0. 

It won't stop complaining!

Top Student
SaCnNH
Message 9 of 11 (135 Views)

I believe i solved my problem.

Microsoft Update was never originally installed on my computer. For some reason Windows Update did not automatically update anything, I had had to go in myself. So I don't think there is any thing wrong on my computer. 

Master's Graduate
Dokie
Message 10 of 11 (132 Views)

Hi! I'm not sure I follow your reply. Here's link telling about windows automatic up dates.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306525

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation