Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a:

HP Pavilion a1610n with Windows XP SP 3 freshly installed.

unknown device: ACPI\AWY0001\2&DABA3FF&0

Can't seem to find driver for this unknown device...

Please help!

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It is the 'Away Mode' driver.Nothing critical or needed, but installing latest chipset should resolve it:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_winxp_15.26.html

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

It is the 'Away Mode' driver.Nothing critical or needed, but installing latest chipset should resolve it:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_winxp_15.26.html

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Hi:

If the chipset driver does not install the away mode device, I have attached the drivers you need below.

You will need to do a manual install via a driver update from the device in the device manager and browse to the drivers you downloaded from here.

Paul

HP Recommended

thanks but the chipset driver worked!

HP Recommended

I installed the away mode driver and it worked!  thanks so much!!!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

ACPI\AWY0001\2&DABA3FF&0

I have  that code also.

I have an sr1750nx

What do I do???

HP Recommended

Hi:

You can either try the driver Cheryl G posted, or the driver I attached at the bottom of my post.

For the driver I posted, you will need to do a manual install via a driver update from the device in the device manager and browse to the drivers you downloaded from here.

HP Recommended

Hello Paul,

I made the best mistake I have made in years! You mentioned the 3d post down and I was not paying attention and followed the 2d link to: http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_winxp_15.26.html . I created a fold as I always do and saved the zipped items in it. I then went to Start/ Control Panel/ System Properties/ Hardware/ Device Manger/ clicked on the Top of 2 not working and offered it to item with an "!" mark - yesterday a different name and a "?" and pages started flying from folder to folder everything loaded and new improved Buses appeared and were richer. The on-board audio was ready HD and ready to link with my Creative labs SB 5.1 USB drive.

Irish Luck saved the day!  Kudos for all your ideas and help.

Regards,

Tom

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Tom.

Best Regards,

Paul

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.