what is FLV MPLAYER? (4783 Views)
Honor Student
bmonroy
Message 1 of 4 (4,783 Views)

what is FLV MPLAYER?

I was trying to download itunes to my computer and in the event I'm not sure if I also downloaded something else.

I keep getting a message that said that I needed to instatll "FLV MPLAYER"   I don't know what that is, but it keeps popping up, do I need to install this?  If not, how do I stop it from popping up?

(This is a new computer, Windows 8 verison.)

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 4 (4,773 Views)

Re: what is FLV MPLAYER?

[ Edited ]

Uninstall the version of iTunes that you installed. Download and install  this version directly from Apple.

You probably mistakenly downloaded your iTunes from somewhere else.

You do not need an FLV player to use iTunes. FLV Player is a media player that plays many types of media files. It is just something else that someone wants you to install on your PC. Unless you need it don't install it.

Is the error message coming from your browser while online?

Which browser are you using?

Turn on a popup blocker to try and stop it. Hopefully you didn't get free  adware with your iTunes download. Always pay close attention to what you are downloading and read the fije print.

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
bmonroy
Message 3 of 4 (4,757 Views)

Thank you for your reply.  I have pop-up blocker turned on, but I'm still receiving request for FLV MPLAYER.  This request come each time I click on any internet site, and my emails. 

I box from "gzj.jsopen.net" opens and says that I need to down load a media player.  How do I remove this?

Also, if by accident I did also down load an 'ad-ware' how do I delete that as well?

Thank you for your help.

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 4 (4,746 Views)

It sounds like adware has bitten you. There are a few measures you can take. System restore is unlikely to solve the issue.

Go to ESET.com and use their online scanner to remove the adware. Give the scanner to delete the bad stuff that it finds.

Once you have done this you should bite the bullet and install an antivirus solution with a good reputation such as ESET SmartSuite or Norton.

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation