Question

Honor Student
ellinator
Message 1 of 6 (1,965 Views)

window 7 and HP DVD Play BD & HD DVD

I upgraded my windows vista pavilion to windows 7.  When i try to play a dvd it asks me if i want to activate my player now.  if i say yes, it takes me to a web page and promps me to download a file named hp cpc v7029 2319 hqpo 90821 02 normal.  It appears ro be an update but after installing it I get the same window that asks me if i want to activate my player now.  If i choose not to it does not do anything.   what am I doing wrong?

Provost
old_geekster
Message 2 of 6 (1,951 Views)

Re: window 7 and HP DVD Play BD & HD DVD

At this point, I suggest running Windows Update.  This may provide you with the necessary updates for your drive.

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe
- i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7 Ultimate

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Message 3 of 6 (1,941 Views)

I have set to run automatically and have manually run it.  I still can' play DVDs.

Honor Student
ellinator
Message 4 of 6 (1,887 Views)

i still have not found afix for this.  Any ideas?

Student
hhh222
Message 5 of 6 (1,865 Views)

So far it doesn't look like HP has any help for folks installing windows 7 on non upgrade eligible pc's. I'm wanting to do a clean install of win7 64 bit on my pavilion ultimate d4999t vista 32 bit desktop but fear I'll lose use of blu-ray and more. I've seen other posts of folks with hp laptops and losing blu-ray.

Student
westcoastjack
Message 6 of 6 (1,482 Views)

I have upgraded my HP Pavilion m9150f from Vista to Win 7 64bit (as you said you want to do), and I am having the exact problem you feared... I've lost the capability to play BluRay and HP has no driver updates for it's "HP DVD Play" program that would let me play BluRay from within Windows Media Center... 

It seems kinda crazy that they would not make an update for this product to Windows 7, considering the vast number of us who use our PCs for the exact reason that we need this update - WATCHING MULTIMEDIA!

If you have found any solutions to this problem, I would LOVE an answer...

Thanks

Jack

me@westcoastjack.com

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation