Question

Tutor
spawn660
Message 1 of 4 (4,675 Views)

windows boot manager keeps poping up in start up

I just recently found that windows boot manager keeps popping  up everytime i start my computer. I have a HP Pavilion dv7 notebook, producted number WQ630UA#ABA. I would like it to stop what do i do? I have already unclicked the buttons in advanced control panel off for timing of operating system.

Regents Professor
ManjunathTech
Message 2 of 4 (4,673 Views)

Re: windows boot manager keeps poping up in start up

Hi

Please find the link given below might help you to resolve your issue.

Resolve Boot Device not Found Error Message

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
PhD Student
SomelOguh
Message 3 of 4 (4,671 Views)

Hello,

Please go to control panel, system, then choose advanced system settings, select advanced and select settings on the startup and recovery.

In this windows, like what you have done, you have untick the first option, to show the OS for x amount of seconds, so please enable it and put 0 seconds. See if this works, just in case you havent tried it already.

Also, can you open an administrative command prompt and type bcdedit ? This should list the BCD store that might have some clues as to what might be happening as well.

Thanks,

I work for HP! Please remember to provide kudo.JPGand if this helped click ON AS.JPG

Student
Shoubhik_nc
Message 4 of 4 (4,622 Views)

Well, while walking towards the solution for the problem, The following things are a pre-requisite:

1). Firstly, run the diagnostics on the hard drive and memory, to determine if there are any errors present, If not then try to reseat the hard drive once. Even then if it does not show any signs of improvement then you would have to take the LAPTOP to the service center.

2). If you are getting a long beeping sound on startup, then i would suggest that you take the laptop to the service center, as this indicates a problem with the keyboard and the same needs to be replaced.

3). Do backup the data before hand.

The reason i could find a solution to the problem is because my HP 630 Laptop had the same problem, i had tried everything, but at last i had to take it to the HP service center and they found out that the keyboard was faulty and had to replaced with a new one.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation