Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 250 G4 LAPTOP
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

When pressing the power button it makes a quiet start up sound and the only indication that it is working is the tiny flashing light on the "Caps Lock" button on the left hand side of the keyboard. The system does not load and the screen is blank.

The laptop arrived new only a couple of days ago, and worked fine for over 24 hours.

To help me get used to using a laptop I used a wireless mouse via a small USB which went into the port on the right hand side.

What appears to have happened is the AA battery in the mouse expired which caused the screen to freeze. I then removed the USB and attempted to carry on by using the touchpad, but nothing seemed to work. I replaced the mouse battery but this did not rectify the situation.

With no other option I switched the power off by holding down the power button, but since then I have not been able to start up......

I can hear the laptop by putting my ear very close......but the screen is blank.

Do I need to send this product back...

Can anyone help..?

Alan

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.