Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

After a Windows 10 update I received a blue screen.  I used the HP support site to recover. I followed each step but none of them succeeded.  I can navigate to the Start Up Options and the Bios, I can also us the function key to access recovery options but as noted above it didn't . This computer is still under the extended warranty. Are Recovery CDs covered under this warranty or must I send it in for repair?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @cjwb,

Thanks for replying. I really appreciate the effort in trying to get the issue fixed. As I understand the PC is stuck on the HP logo and then goes to the blue screen. Let's wait for the test results, based on the results. If the test passes, I would suggest you perform a system recovery using the recovery media as the partition is not available. You could order one by calling HP  phone support.

If the test fails, please capture the failure code. I would recommend you contact our HP phone support for available service options.

What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process: 

Step 1. Open link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options" 
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number 
Case number and phone number appear. 

If there is anything else that I can help you with just let me know.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @cjwb,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! This is a great location to get resolutions and interact with experts from the community. After reading your post I see that you have BSOD errors on the machine and want assistance regarding that. It will be a delight to assist you here.

A superb job was done by doing such exhaustive copious troubleshooting. I am truly amazed by your superlative troubleshooting skills. Kudos to you on that score. It is always a privilege to work with technically competent minds. I understand you have tried some solutions on HP forums as well.

As I understand the computer gets a blue screen error, However, since you haven’t captured the error code or message, I would request you to follow the below steps to capture and reply back with the error message/code to identify the issue and find a permanent fix:

* In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings.

* In the Advanced tab, under Startup and Recovery, click Settings.

* Under System Failure, remove the check mark next to automatically restart, and then click OK.

* Restart the computer to apply the change.

* The computer no longer restarts automatically when a blue screen error occurs.

For more details: Click here

As I understand the product is under the extended warranty and you want to know if the recovery media is covered under the warranty or not. I did a bit of research and found that there would be a charge for the recovery media. If nothing works, then I would recommend you contact our HP phone support for available service options. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process: 

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options" 

Please reply back with the error code as the issue is code specific and it would be rather easier to provide an accurate solution using the same.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Jeet_Singh, thanks for replying. Maybe I did not explain clearly. I cannot access Windows, as stated the Win 10 update ran and my computer shut down. When I restarted my computer there was no error message. The HP logo shows, states to wait and goes to Blue Screen. I cannot access windows in safe mode either. I am currently running an extensive system check to loop until an error is found. Will advise when done
Oh one more thing when I use the f11 key what is shown at the bottom of the screen is hit esc for start up options. System restore. Tried that without success.
HP Recommended

Hi @cjwb,

Thanks for replying. I really appreciate the effort in trying to get the issue fixed. As I understand the PC is stuck on the HP logo and then goes to the blue screen. Let's wait for the test results, based on the results. If the test passes, I would suggest you perform a system recovery using the recovery media as the partition is not available. You could order one by calling HP  phone support.

If the test fails, please capture the failure code. I would recommend you contact our HP phone support for available service options.

If there is anything else that I can help you with just let me know.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.