Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hello,
I have an Compaq mini 110c-1100DX and it's asking for the Current Password. Code is.. CNU9421VYV
Please help. Thank you in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Esuazo

Enter   e9lov736i6

3rd letter lowercase L

4th letter lowercase O

Use that code to go into the BIOS.

Disable all passwords that are enabled.

If asked for the CURRENT password use that code.

If asked for NEW password just hit enter.

If asked to VERIFY password just hit enter.

Save and exit.

REO

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reaching out to us on HP Forums @Esuazo,

I see you are looking to get a password for your computer. I would like to help. 

Request you to let me know which password are you looking for. Windows password, BIOS password, Power ON password?

Awaiting your response. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi, Chimney.
It's for starting up. Once I turn on my laptop it takes me to that message, to provide Current Password.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, I understand that your computer is asking for a BIOS password, recommend you contact our phone support for assistance on resetting BIOS password. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Esuazo

Enter   e9lov736i6

3rd letter lowercase L

4th letter lowercase O

Use that code to go into the BIOS.

Disable all passwords that are enabled.

If asked for the CURRENT password use that code.

If asked for NEW password just hit enter.

If asked to VERIFY password just hit enter.

Save and exit.

REO

HP Recommended
That code really helped. Thanks a lot.
Best regards..
HP Recommended

Your very welcome @Esuazo

REO

HP Recommended
Sorry I have got another question.
Ok I entered the code and it worked perfectly, but
When I restarted my computer for updates it came up again then so I reentered that code and it worked, what I can do for that message don't show up again?
I really appreciate you help and your time..
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.