Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi - Please help me !!!

I have HP compaq Presario (windows xp)

A blue screen appeared today with the message.............. e.g disable or remove software - disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing

error codes 0X00000043, 0XDFDA000, 0X000000C2

I cant do anything becaus ethe computer will not start other than the basic options (I think F8)

What can I do ?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ashana, Redo the process and choose DETRUCTIVE RECOVERY in steps 5 or step 7 depending on which recovery your performing.

If your using the recovery partition it will be step 5

If using the discs it will be step 7

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07145

P.S. You can get more help by starting your own thread.

Message Edited by dmhoo29 on 02-26-2009 10:13 AM

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

There should be more to your error... A problem has been caused by... <something>.sys?

Also, the folks in this forum would really appreciate the PC model number.

I am an HP employee expressing my own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
HP Recommended
Did you install anything? Hardware/software ?
HP Recommended

Hi Thanks for your responses

I  think the model is Presario C300 (thats what it says on the back)

The blue screen is only visible for less than a second on start up (black screen then windows screen, then blue screen and continues to loop in this sequence or a similar sequence !) - therfore its difficult to read whats on the blue screen but I did notice a message  ' Bad Pool Caller' !! - I believe the BIOS ref: is F.05 if this helps

I havent added any recent hardware / software but one of the last things I tried to do was copy a personal / home  DVD disc with no success

Your help is very much appreciated

Regards

HP Recommended
That is a corrupted file or driver causing that. Since your unable to boot into windows to remove the driver or file,You can try a System Recovery if you have the recovery discs.
HP Recommended

Thanks again

Not sure if I have any disks but will check !  - If I find them, How do I do this ?  what is the pro

If I cant find the disks is there another option ?

Thanks for your help

Best Regards

HP Recommended

You can perform a recovery from the partition on the hard drive f11.

To restore the system from the partition: To access PC Recovery from f11, restart the computer and press f11 while the “Press for recovery” message is displayed on the screen. The PC Recovery tool opens. Select PC Recovery and click Next. The computer restarts and the PC Recovery tool opens. Click OK. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the system recovery.

If you want to perform a destructive recovery: NOTE A destructive recovery formats the hard drive and restores the computer to its factory state. Select this option only as a last resort. Click Advanced Options on the System Recovery screen. Select Destructive Recovery and follow the on-screen instructions.

HP Recommended

I am having this same promblem. Same type of computer with the XP operating system. I went through and did the system recovery but now when it starts up I am getting the warning message System not fully installed. What do I do next. Any information would be greatly appreciated from anyone. I thought I was headed in the right direction on the System recovery but once again I have hit a speed bump. HELP!!!

HP Recommended

Ashana, Redo the process and choose DETRUCTIVE RECOVERY in steps 5 or step 7 depending on which recovery your performing.

If your using the recovery partition it will be step 5

If using the discs it will be step 7

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07145

P.S. You can get more help by starting your own thread.

Message Edited by dmhoo29 on 02-26-2009 10:13 AM
HP Recommended

Thank you!!! I thought I had tried the destructive recovery but I guess not! I might have lost all the info which I had assumed but Im just thankful it is up and running. Should I make a disc of the recovery for further reference? What do you suggest?

ONCE AGAIN THANKS FOR THE QUICK RESPONSE!!! :OpenSmile:

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.