Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 10 (21,169 Views)

GPBaseService2 Pop Up

I keep receiving a popup stating GPBaseService2 trying to install and wants me to insert a disc.  I can't get rid of it!  I have to hit cancel at least 20 times and then it stops for about 10 minutes and comes back.  I researched it and all I can came up with is it has something to do with HP.  Any help appreciated.  Thanks!

Provost
Message 2 of 10 (21,163 Views)

Re: GPBaseService2 Pop Up

[ Edited ]

Hi,

If you really want to find out what it is, download and run ProcessExplorer by Microsoft Technet. ONce you find out what it really is you can choose to kill the process with a simple click of your mouse. Take a look and see if there is an installer program busy in the background insistent on installing a program.

Please post your results here.

regards,
erico

If you would really like to say thanks,you dont have to say it, just click on the thumbs up icon.

If I have helped you to resolve your issue or answered your question, please click the Options link in the post that helped you and then click on the "Mark as Accepted Solution " button Windows Insider
Top Student
Message 3 of 10 (21,129 Views)

Thanks.for your quick reply........I downloaded Process Explorer as suggested.  I'm not exactly computer literate when it comes to the "insides" of  computer software, but I did find a program named:  HPQBAM08 - HP cue alert popup window.  Could that be it?  There is nothing in the background trying to install that I can see.

Provost
Message 4 of 10 (21,123 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Have you recently installed an HP all-in-one printer?

There is no security risk associated with that dll.

If you would really like to say thanks,you dont have to say it, just click on the thumbs up icon.

If I have helped you to resolve your issue or answered your question, please click the Options link in the post that helped you and then click on the "Mark as Accepted Solution " button Windows Insider
Top Student
Message 5 of 10 (21,111 Views)

Yes, but about six months ago.  This started happening about three days ago and I haven't installed anything new.

Provost
Message 6 of 10 (21,105 Views)

erico wrote:

Hi,

Have you recently installed an HP all-in-one printer?

There is no security risk associated with that dll.

Uninstall the printer software completely and restart your PC. Then install it again. The error should go away once the install completes.

Top Student
Message 7 of 10 (21,069 Views)

IT WORKED !!!  Thanks sooooo much for your help!  REALLY appreciated.

Student
Message 8 of 10 (16,431 Views)

How to get ready of this GPBaseService2 Pop Up?  I Have downloaded the Process Explorer.

Charles

Student
Message 9 of 10 (246 Views)

I downloaded the Process Explorer and found the process, however it wont let me remove it with the Process Killer right click.  Said I didnt have permission, yet I am logged on as Administrator.

I also have an HP all in one, but I used to use  the computer to access my bank as well, and from the forums I have read on, this problem could be either............

See Print below - something called G Buster Browser Defense........any ideas

ScreenHunter_83 Jun. 06 13.14.jpg

Provost
Message 10 of 10 (242 Views)

michael1970br wrote:

I downloaded the Process Explorer and found the process, however it wont let me remove it with the Process Killer right click.  Said I didnt have permission, yet I am logged on as Administrator.

I also have an HP all in one, but I used to use  the computer to access my bank as well, and from the forums I have read on, this problem could be either............

See Print below - something called G Buster Browser Defense........any ideas

ScreenHunter_83 Jun. 06 13.14.jpg

G-Buster Browser Defense is not a core Windows service, so it can be safely removed.

A few methods to remove it are described in a thread at Microsoft Communities.

See the following URL.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/impossible-to-get-rid-of...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation