Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 450-019
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I find out if my HP Pavillion model 450-019 will accept a graphics card without cracking the thing open?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

In looking at the SUPPORT PAGE, it says : One PCI Express x16 slot (Gen 3.0).  But it also says 180w power supply.  That usually means that an add on card is not easy.   Also, it is a slimline case which will make things more difficult, too.

It becomes a chore to upgrade the graphics card sometimes.  You might want to rethink this

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Hello

I checked the specs of the pc from the below link and it suggests that the motherboard has One PCI Express x16 slot (Gen 3.0) available which can be used to put in the graphics card however you will have to open the tower to hook that up.

http://support.hp.com/in-en/product/HP-Slimline-450-000-Desktop-PC-series/7779705/model/7907454/docu...

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

***Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP***

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

@GwaiiEagle

I would most definitely heed that advice that @TheOldMan provided -- as I recently purchased a refurbished slimline HP PC for one of my family, intending to reuse a video card that was working an another, failed, PC -- and when I opened the case, I found out that the card (being the "normal" size) would not fit.

There are a few low-profile cards that MIGHT fit, but you would have to check the dimensions of the card against the available space to be sure they will fit before buying one.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.