04-12-2017 02:30 PM
We are running Windows XP and have connected the device. We can see the drive and the disk, but we can't access the files. Please help us locate a driver. Please also help me get this message to an appropriate board.
04-19-2017 04:06 PM
> We are running Windows XP and have connected the device.
> We can see the drive and the disk, but we can't access the files.
> Please help us locate a driver.
> Please also help me get this message to an appropriate board.
1. This is an appropriate board -- the same "experts" hang-out on multiple boards.
2. Device-drivers for optical devices were needed for Windows 3.1, but are included in Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP/Vista/7/8/10.
3. Can you read the files from the media on some other computer?
4. Is it a data-DVD, a DVD-video, a music-CD, or a data-CD?
5. Can your optical drive read DVD media?
6. Under XP, if you open "My Computer", do you see an icon, and an assigned drive-letter, for the optical device?
If you double-click the icon, do you hear the internal motor spin the media, or can you feel some vibration as it spins?
7. Microsoft stopped supporting Windows XP about 36 months ago, and stopped support of Windows Vista one week ago. It's time for you to consider replacing your computer (which would include a replacement of your optical device).