Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have an HP All-in-One Model 20-co32 that has been extremely choppy and lagging. Running simple things as explorer and videos cause lag and this thing is running worse than my 6 year old latop. This is the issue straight out of the box and I was hoping that there is some simple solution. Any thoughts? Thanks.snip 2-19.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your machine uses very low end processor and it is NON-upgradable. The integrated Intel HD Graphics is below average

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-20-c000-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series/10734600/document/c05273...

There are 2 options which can help a bit:

1. RAMI: It has 4GB of RAM now, you can upgrade to 8GB of RAM max. This will give you a small gain (again, not much).
  2. HDD: It has 1TB of a 7200RPM HDD now (I don't know its cache) which is reasonable speed but you can upgrade to a faster SSD

Note: From my calculation related to cost/performance, this is a no go but depending on your need and your money you can go for this or saving money to buy a better machine.

If you wish to go ahead, no need to do both options at the same time, pleae try adding more RAM to it first. Please try

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP---Compaq/hp-20-c032-all-in-one

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

> This is the issue straight out of the box.

Note that the first few days that a brand-new computer is connected to the Internet, Windows Update will run in the background, downloading all the latest security-updates, between the date at which Windows was installed at the factory, and today's date.  This task really slows-down any brand-new computer.   Launch Windows Update, to see if your computer is now up-to-date, or if it still is updating.

From: https://ark.intel.com/products/91534/Intel-Celeron-Processor-J3060-2M-Cache-up-to-2_48-GHz

you have a dual-core Celeron processor, each core running at 1.6 GHz.

Your screen-shot shows that you have 4GB of RAM, and the 64-bit version of Windows Home.

Start the Windows "Task Manager".  Its "performance" tab probably will show that you are not using all of the 4GB of RAM.  So, doubling the RAM probably will not help the performance.

Note that "background" processes, such as Disk Defragmenter, or Windows Update, or an anti-virus update, or a virus-scan, or the Search Indexer, can keep your disk-drive, and one of the two cores, quite busy, leaving not a lot of resources for your "foreground" tasks.

From that "performance" tab, click to run "Resource Monitor", to get details on how much disk I/O is happening.

If it is " a lot", then a SSD (solid-state disk-drive) will definitely speed-up the input/output.

HP Recommended

Can you help me understand how to upgrade the memory. I bought an additional 4G stick and see there are 2 slots to install the memory, the one had the already 4G stick in and I put the new stick in the second slot, it will not display now on the screen. I see the green light when I power on, hear that the fan is blowing and it is powered on, but I have nothing on my screen.  Is that second slot not for more memory?  Am I to only use a single 8G sticK? thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.