Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop - 750-124
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Update hangs when installing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I assume that you are again still able to start your computer normally. If so I would not bother with that update you are being offered by the HP Support Assistant. It may be a false message.

You could try uninstalling the HP Support Assistant. Then restart your computer and try to install the software again. Also you can refer to the following: HP PCs - Troubleshooting HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 😎. It may help if the HP Support Assistant installation is part of the issue.

Let me know if that helps.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @petersih,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. As I understand it, you were trying to install a BIOS update, but it did not complete. I am happy to give you a hand with this.

Did you computer still start normally after that? If not you should try this: HP Desktop PCs - Recovering the BIOS.

Please let me know how that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

After I forced the power off the PC booted up normally.

The same update appeared in my "HP Support Assistant" today. I clicked on "Download and install" and it is still "Installing" after an hour so I clicked "Stop" to cancel.

HP Recommended

I assume that you are again still able to start your computer normally. If so I would not bother with that update you are being offered by the HP Support Assistant. It may be a false message.

You could try uninstalling the HP Support Assistant. Then restart your computer and try to install the software again. Also you can refer to the following: HP PCs - Troubleshooting HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 😎. It may help if the HP Support Assistant installation is part of the issue.

Let me know if that helps.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.