Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I was wondering if anyone knew what HP Odometer was, how to access it, where to get information about it, and if it is safe to delete it.  Thanks in advance.

KXMc

HP Pavilion e9180f Desktop

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi,

HP Odometer software is shipped with many of the Pavilions for servicing and diagnosing purposes. Odometer is a software utility of HP which installed on almost all HP Pavilion and Media Center systems. This software will keep track of data like total number of restarts done on a system after doing Destructive Recovery. To run this utility, you have to run the following command from command prompt:

hpsysdrv -view

There might be many other utilities which will help the servicing department to diagnose the system.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Vidya

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

I also have HP Odometer in the uninstall list, but it doesn't show up under a Start Search of programs. If it works as described above I would like to see what it recorded during the 1st 2 weeks I had this W7 64bit computer before the dust settled.

I pasted  hpsysdrv -view  into the command prompt and got 'hpsysdrv -view' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. It didn't work for me!

W7

AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 635 Processor 2.90 GHz

4.00 GB RAM

64-Bit OS

HP Recommended

The path of the file is c:\ windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe. Please ensure that you are running this command from the path mentioned earlier.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

I have a WIndows 7 64Bit machine and the location of the hpsysdrv.exe is different.

I went to a Command Prompt at the location C:\Program Files (86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Odometer\ and then typed "hysysdrv - view" and nothing was displayed. I also opened up a command prompt in the "Run as Administrator" mode & no response again. I also tried running this command via Windows Explorer with the same result.

Unless there is some other program that has to be running first prior to this executable file displaying any result I see no need for it.

HP Recommended

If you are running Windows 7 64bit, open a cmd window and type:

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Odometer

Then type:

hpsysdrv.exe -view

That will work.

I'm not working for HP...

HP Recommended

kya bat hai

***Click on “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

Yup, changing directories and then executing the -view option works; reveals nothing very interesting. Thanks for clearing up the point of this file.

HP Recommended
How exactly do we uninstall this? I hate OEM versions that come with all that bloatware. There isn't an uninstall button for this in the Control Panel.
HP Recommended

I know this is kind of an old thread, but I wanted to tell everyone how to uninstall this stupid software.

1. Open the registry (regedit.exe)

2. Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{B8AC1A89-FFD1-4F97-8051-E505A160F562}

3. Change the value of NoRemove to 0

4. Open Add/Remove  Programs (appwiz.cpl) and find that HP Odometer now has an uninstall option.

And it works.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.