Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 550-150jp
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I buy a new machine hp PAvilion 550-150jp it's bios language is changed to japnese can i change it there is no option in bios to change it and secondly and the main issue is that Windows 7 setup stops on the first screen keyboard and mouse stops working when setups loads and first screen comes which is welcome screen what should i do i'm just fed up of it pleasehelp me :((

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

> BIOS language is changed to Japanese.

There should be an option to change the language to English (if you can read Japanese).

your computer was originally shipped with Windows 10.

So, you should not try to install Windows 7, because Microsoft will not support Windows 7 after January 2020.

Instead, download Windows 10: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

and write the software to a USB memory-stick.

Boot your computer from that memory-stick.

When asked for the 25-character product-key, click "I do not have one".

Since Windows 10 was installed, you can reinstall it, at any time, at no cost to you.

If Windows "Device Manager" reports any "missing" device-drivers, see:

http://support.hp.com/ca-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-550-100-Desktop-PC-series/8499648/model/...

to download the HP-specific software.

> the main issue is that Windows 7 setup stops on the first screen, keyboard and mouse stops working when setups loads

Correct.  Your Windows 7 DVD has *NO* support for the USB ports on your "Skylake" motherboard.

So, if your computer has PS/2 ports for mouse & keyboard, use those ports, until Windows 7 is installed.

Or, as stated before, install Windows 10.

HP Recommended

I'm very thankfull to you for your so quick responce but i don't have any ps/2 port on my board as this machine model have only u.s.b ports and u.s.b 3 ports . i realy need to install windows 7 as i have to install some some software which only runs on windos 7 then what should i do and there is no option for changeing language in bios although i have update the bios to latest version but the issue for language is still there

HP Recommended

Hi, @amiralikhan1947 :

You need to run this tool to put the required USB3 drivers into your W7 installation flash drive.

There is a readme link on the page for how to use the tool.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/NUCs-Windows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility

The reason you are having that problem is...

1. The Intel Skylake chipset your PC has, does not have native USB2 support until after you install the Intel chipset drivers, which you can't install until you get W7 installed.  That is why the USB2 ports don't work during the installation process.

2.  Your W7 installation media does not have USB3 support, which is why the USB 3 ports don't work during the installation process.

Since neither the USB2 or USB3 ports work during the installation process, that is why the KB and mouse stop working.

As far as the language...that model is sold for use in Japan, so I am not too surprised you may not be able to change the language in the BIOS.

But in any event, the only BIOS setting you need to change would be to disable secure boot in order to run W7.

If you are living in Japan, see if you can get help from someone who can read Japanese to navigate through the BIOS menus for you.

HP Recommended

> Ii really need to install windows 7 as i have to install some some software which only runs on windows 7

Exactly what software is that?

Have you contacted the vendor of the software?  After all, Windows 10 has been available since 2015 -- the vendor has had lots of time to tweak their software to be compatible with Windows 10.

Note that Windows 10 Pro has a "compatibility mode" to provide a "virtual" Windows 7 environment for an application.

So, install your application in that mode.

Or, run Windows 10 on your system, and use software like 'VMWARE' to create a full "virtual machine".

Install Windows 7 into that V.M., and install your "back-level" application into that copy of Windows 7.

HP Recommended

thank you very much i'll try it in that way thanks for your advice

HP Recommended

peachtree quantum 2010 thanks

HP Recommended

how much time it will take to create the image. i'm patching it with the creator for a long time it is showing initializing dism..... completed and just running and running 

HP Recommended

your solutions works. now keyboard mouse start working in all of setup. but the problem is now it's stop working both keybaord and mouse after setup is completed and setup prepare windows to run for 1st time screen. keyboard mouse not working to enter computer name and company name i can't complete the installation until filing these fields.  can i manualy copy usb 3 drivers files in windows/system32 directory so that keyboard mouse starts working

please help me again thanks in advance for your support 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I'm not quite sure what you can do because any time I have given that solution to others, Windows 7 installed completely without a hitch.  It did not quit during the installation process.

Then if the USB ports don't work, you just install the Intel USB3 drivers from the Intel support page.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22824/USB-3-0-Driver-Intel-USB-3-0-eXtensible-Host-Control...

What I suggest you do is this...

Copy the 64 bit driver file from the unzipped USB creator tool.  Copy just the files in the folder, not the folder.

When you go to install W7, this time try this...

With the flash drive and W7 installation media in the PC, boot from the W7 installation media.

After you select the install now option, select the Drive Options - Advanced menu, then select the Load Driver option.

You should now see the USB3 driver files listed.

If you check the box, it will only include the compatible driver.

Follow the prompts and hopefully, W7 will complete the installation process.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.