Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP has reached out to me, but no solution as of yet. They've called once, and I was at work.. I left a message, and still waiting for a call back again. They will get with you, it just takes tim .
HP Recommended

Oh, Heavens no!  Please don't report me.  I do so love posting here about an issue I no longer care about.  The only reason I bothered to post here is because someone wanted to know where to get the recovery CDs and I got an e-mail alert about it.  So I gave the person a link to an HP site that explains how to go about getting them.  It's called "being helpful."  Whether or not that person wants to buy them is a matter of choice; I chose to buy them instead of dealing with the hassle of HP support.  I have money and I can afford it, so I bought them.  My choice, and not yours to judge.  As far as I know, no one died and left you Discussion Board king.  So shut up.

And, in hindsight, if I had bothered to be cautious and make the recovery CDs before wiping the system, I would have been fine.  It doesn't excuse HP, but if I had been thinking I would have done this.  Instead, I made an assumption that Linux would work on it.  It didn't.  You made that assumption, too.  So take some responsibility and quit playing the victim.  You had an option, like me, and you got in a hurry (like me) and didn't take precautions.  Own up to that.  I have.

HP Recommended
Maietta , what do you think about dual booting Ubuntu? Think it'd be worth trying? I received my recovery disks from HP yesterday, and am installing no .
HP Recommended
Maietta , what do you think about dual booting Ubuntu? Think it'd be worth trying? I received my recovery disks from HP yesterday, and am installing now
HP Recommended

Unfortunately dual booting is not an option due to this issue that we cannot enable legacy boot mode.

I hate to be the party pooper today, but at least you are on your way to un-bricking your machine, even though you are currently stuck with Windows 8/8.1+ only like i am. 😞

I am going to pursue this issue 'til the very end though. I dont' bend over for just any big company, i do have my standards.

HP Recommended
I hate HP and this will be my last product I ever buy from them. I just told the owner of the company I work for about all this crap, and he responded with " that's a shame BC we're replacing 50 office computers and HP WAS going to be my choice "

So luckily HP won't be making money off those computers.
HP Recommended

I've found a few places where people have had limited sucess installing ubuntu in UEFI mode. I'm not ready to give up this battle yet. I dispise windows, and all I want is my Ubuntu back 😞 They had a bit of sucess getting ubuntu to boot in uefi mode, and installing correctly. I havent had such sucess yet, but I've read that ubuntu is uefi compatiable, and has the necesary keys. Reading, and actually getting it to all function properly are two completely different things it seems.

HP Recommended

This is a bust! Be aware, after all that I have tried. And I have tried everything.

This machine comes hard wired to not allow Legacy anything.

DO NOT BUY an HP 19 all in one. Unless you like Windows 8.failed Operating systems.

HP Recommended

I know this is an old problem...but I purchased the crappy HP19 had the same problem, but was successful at installing Ubuntu 14.04 onto it without enabling Legacy support since it kept saying I never disabled secure boot. 

This topic helped me by following the instructions I COULD and setting the HP CD drive to boot first (Which Ubuntu was on)

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03659945

HP Recommended

I know this is an old problem...but I purchased the crappy HP19 had the same problem, but was successful at installing Ubuntu 14.04 onto it without enabling Legacy support since it kept saying I never disabled secure boot. 

This topic helped me by following the instructions I COULD and setting the HP CD drive to boot first (Which Ubuntu was on)

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03659945

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.