Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

mine fails too.

32bg sandisk extreme.  

works perfect all  other ways,  Acronis or Pargon backup or copying the whole D:\recovery partition to the sand disk.

changed drive letter of it

no errors in device manager for any thing.

daisy icon spin for ever.

ran windows, make a recovery disk,

it fails for missing system files.

ran SFC /scannow, passes

run CHKDISK /f  , from boot.  passes.

there are some, odd,  eventlogs, related to AMD video chip

redux, list.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

Is the Sandisk showing up in Device Manager and if it does is there yellow question mark or yellow exclamation marm?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please mark my post as SOLVED if it has resolved your problem. It helps others with similar situations.
HP Recommended

Nope, it shows up in the device manager just fine....It even reads and writes other data. I just never shows up in HP recovery manager.

HP Recommended

yes, DEV manager is happy

HP Recommended

yes, device manager is 100% happy.

no errors. at all.

HP Recommended

In Device Management right click and change drive letter, make sure it's not in use at time.  Reboot and now try Recovery Manager if it appears.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please mark my post as SOLVED if it has resolved your problem. It helps others with similar situations.
HP Recommended

my wild guess is that my windows updates,

some how effected this.  

(based on the assumption the laptop left factory working, in this regard)

i have 2 drives, one hdd and one SSD,

the SSD is a clone of the HDD.

both fail , plugged in.

one at a time, both boot

both are windows 8.1

I didnt try the  make recover disc, day one because i wanted 8.1. 

PS: i did not clone it until , i had all updates, and the 8.1 update.

my intensions  are to have the HDD only for (data and apps)

HP Recommended

Windows updates does not kill anything, it enhances the security of your system.  If you try to install too many at one time it causes the computer to go crazy.  That is why if recommend installing them 5 at a time.

Does Disk Management now show the SanDisk Flash Drive?

Have you used this method to create a recovery drive.

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-create-a-windows-8-usb-recovery-drive/

Is this what you are trying to do, if not, please explain to me again what you are trying to do.  There have been many contraditory messages on this thread confusing the issue as what you want to do.

HP Recommended

edit posted to wrong tread

i fixed my issues with GPT.  end.

only creat recovery disk is issue now.

HP Recommended

for fun, i used Acronis to back  up the D:/recover folder , to the 32gb SD extreme stick, 

its just Rebecca.exe issues.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.