Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Couple of problems -

(1) Got the HP support assistant downloaded; But it states there are 'no new updates'. When I check the HP website, there are. Why is it not downloading these new updates?

(2) Cannot use the 'Restore point', as it comes as 'error - try again'

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It is quite likely that most of those drivers are already installed in your computer. The date shown on the main page for each of them, often does not reflect the actual date the driver was created or how long it has been available. You can find the actual date of a driver in the details. The date on the top page more reflects when the entry was changed for some reason, or updated. 

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi there @sa77,

May the Forums be with you!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.  I understand that the HP Support Assistant is not finding updates on the HP Support page for your computer.  I am happy to help with this.

Please post the full product number for your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.  HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

Which updates are the ones that your computer has not previously installed that you are concerned about?

Please let me know.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the message.

The product number is J2F54EA#ABU.

All the updates are not updating. I uninstalled & reinstalled the Hp assistant, but nothing has changed. It states 'your system is upto date..'; But when I go to the HP website there are current updates outstanding.

I did get some support from HP re. the System restore issue.  It is to restore it back to full factory settings. There are a lot of backups to be carried out before I can do this.

Regards

Sherman Alles

HP Recommended

It is quite likely that most of those drivers are already installed in your computer. The date shown on the main page for each of them, often does not reflect the actual date the driver was created or how long it has been available. You can find the actual date of a driver in the details. The date on the top page more reflects when the entry was changed for some reason, or updated. 

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.