Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 6000 Pro/NV504UT#ABA
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

After formatting the hard drive it asked for the HP Restore disk. After it did it's thing it asked for the Windows 7 Home Basic disk but the HP Restore Plus! disk is the Windows 7 Home Basic disk. So now I don't know what to do because it keeps asking for it. I tried disk 2 of 3, 3 of 3 and even back to 1 of 3 but same request. Please help.

I formatted this pc before with disks 1 - 3 with no problem. I even went from 64 bit to 32 bit. The reason I formatted this time was to go back to 64 bit as I didn't know I was only using 4 gb of RAM when I actually have 8 gb RAM.

Disk one (1) of 3 is the HP Restore Plus! disk. It says "Start with this DVD for restore.  To the left it says HP Compaq 6000 Pro requires HP Operating System DVD (which is disk 2 of 3) then it says Windows 7 Home Basic (EM)

Disk two (2) of 3is the Operating System DVD. Windows 7 Professional. It says to Start with the HP Restor Plus! DVD for restore. 

Disk three (3) of 3 is the Language Pack DVD for Windows 7. It says to start with HP Restore Plus! DVD for restore.

Something else I noticed it normally asks which operating system I want to use 32 bit or 64 bit but now it only offers Windows 7 32 bit Home Basic.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

I can't help you with why the recovery disks aren't working.

However, if you can still read all 25 characters of the W7 product key on your PC's case, you can make your own plain W7 installation media to reinstall Windows 7, and activate it by using the product key on your PC's case.

This site claims to have genuine, unadulterated W7 ISO files for download...Download the version which corresponds to the product key you have (Basic, Home Prem, Pro, Ultimate...)

https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-iso-download-tool

Click on the link labeled Windows ISO Downloader.exe

You can use either the:

Win 7 SP1 or the (Retail version, but the  OEM key on your PC's case will work with it)

Win 7 SP1 COEM (This version would be for what HP would have used--System Builder)

N is for European Union (EU) countries.

K is for South Korean markets.

Then you can use this tool to transfer the file to a 4 GB USB flash drive or a DVD.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.