Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteOne 800 G2 23-in Touch
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a system HP EliteOne 800 G2 23-in Touch GPU AiO. It already have Windows 10 installed in it. I want to format my system, create new partitions and install Windows 7 on it.  

When I try to boot from USB, it halts on first screen as shown in the image and can't go furthe (mouse, keyboard and touch do not work here). Even I try different options for Boot menu like secure Boot and Legacy Support. How do I proceed?

230592185.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need to run this tool to put the required USB3 drivers into your W7 installation flash drive.

There is a readme link on the page for how to use the tool.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/NUCs-Windows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility

The reason you are having that problem is...

1. The Intel Skylake chipset your PC has, does not have native USB2 support until after you install the Intel chipset drivers, which you can't install until you get W7 installed.  That is why the USB2 ports don't work during the installation process.

2.  Your W7 installation media does not have USB3 support, which is why the USB 3 ports don't work during the installation process.

Since neither the USB2 or USB3 ports work during the installation process, that is why the KB and mouse stop working.

HP Recommended

Your desktop BIOS is probably expecting a GPT format Windows installer that has support for UEFI. Check in the diak manager to see if you disk is MBR or GPT format. If it is EFI, there will be a 100MB  EFI system Partition.

You can create one  with RUFUS.

https://rufus.akeo.ie/

All of the required drivers for Windows 7 are at the following link

\http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=8818660

Have you created recovery media yet? Be sure and do it before you format the disk

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Erico, I try with your solution first because its looks simple but it didn't worked. I format the USB with GPT format using Rufus and create a bootable disk using ISO image of windows 7.  I don't know what other changes in BIOS do I have to make.  I try to enable both legacy and secure boot options but again it didn't worked. 

HP Recommended

Installing an ancient operating system, Windows 7 is ancient, to a modern desktop PC is never simple.

The new generation of PCs are made for newer operating systems.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi, @asifdegr8 :

Unless you use the tool I posted, you won't be able to install W7 on your PC.

I've already explained why the KB and mouse stop working when you try to install W7.

HP Recommended

Hi guys, I have the same problem with the same machine.

I Have hdd clean, no recover and I must install windows 7 using UEFI because if you disable secure boot and enable legacy support and install windows 7 thru that process the machine will crash lots of times and super unstable.

The question is, even using cloud recover create tool from HP and choose windows 7, the usb drive created for that purpose will be not in UEFI  mode and if you try to boot using recover driver created with UEFI activated it will stop when you press F9 to change boot order and it will not allow to use that usb device has a boot UEFI device.

Why  HP when build a cloud media recover creator tool does not program boot usb for UEFI?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.