Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a Pavilion P6206UK PC and would like to enable AHCI to exploit the benefits of a SSD, but see no options for this in the BIOS. Is there an update possible to enable this? I have been unable to find one on the HP site.

Many thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Here is the link to the last BIOS update 6.14 for your motherboard:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL37867/pv-92765-1/sp52418.exe

To my knowledge, AHCI option is not available on this motherboard.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately I get the message 'incorrect BIOS for your system (253)' when I try to instal the download.

Regards

David

HP Recommended

Please try this:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp52001-52500/sp52418.exe

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Still getting the message 'incorrect BIOS for your system (253).

Regards

David

HP Recommended

Hi David,

Did you manage to find anything for the M2N68-AM LA? I am also looking for a BIOS update to get some more features.

Cheers,
Mr.Fields

HP Recommended

Hi. No. There were a couple of suggestions but they did not work.

HP Recommended

У меня была проблема компютер  зависал при запуске в биусе, после обновление биуса стало все ок. Большое спасибо за прошивку BIOS!!!:smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.