Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

is this compatable with my  hp touchsmart 300  windows 7 64gb

HP Recommended

Hello Gduncan98,

HP has not made drivers for the Scanjet 5400c for Windows 7. Some have reported success with running the available drivers as an administrator. You may want to try that to see if it works for you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
HP Recommended

I WANT DRIVER FOR HP SCANJET 5400C SCANNER

HP Recommended

I WANT DRIVER FOR HP SCANJET 5400C SCANNER 

HP Recommended

I want driver for HP SCANJET 5400C SCANNER

HP Recommended

There is no windows 7 driver for this scanner. HP suggest that you buy a driver for around $40.00 and there's  free trial period for the software, however, I couldn't get it to work!

The best way to use the scanner is to set up Ubuntu as a secondoperating system on your PC. Search Ubuntu in Google. Set up the system, install XSANE image scanner, connect your scanner and voila! No cost, bit of pain installing Ubuntu, that's it. You can even save the scanner images on your windows drive. Just make sure that they are JPG or PNG odr PDF format.

If this helps, post back.

Bob

HP Recommended

It's not a problem!!

You must install Microsoft Virtual PC and Windows XP Mode

When you will start Windiws XP Mode install a driver for XP

And everything will be ok!

I just done it)

HP Recommended

HP does not provide 64 bit driver for this scanner. If you still want to use this scanner, i would suggest you to reinstall your windows with 32 bit. If you want to find the driver fast, try http://www.driveridentifier.com , they have huge database for you to search.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.