Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Elite m9457c Deskt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just found out windows 10 is not supported on this desktop, however I've been using it for sometime not knowing much diffrence. Rescentlly, windows has been moving much slower(forever), but once it gets going it gets going a little, yet it can't handle many processes very well. I did a memory diagnostic everything cheched out except an Error stating : "smart test failed on drive" or "drive failed error code BIOHD-8".  They suggested backup data and contact one of u guys.  In the dark here. Any suggestions out there?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The error code is telling you that your hard disk is failing. You should backup all your important files and change the hard drive. This is probably causing all the problems you are experiencing.

Hope it helps,

David

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

The error code is telling you that your hard disk is failing. You should backup all your important files and change the hard drive. This is probably causing all the problems you are experiencing.

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

Thanks David, I was afraid that might be the case. Any suggestions on were to find an inexpensive drive for the beast or should i give in and buy another DT? thanks for takingthe time .!

HP Recommended

> Any suggestions on where to find an inexpensive drive for the beast or should i give in and buy another DT?

From: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01570956#AbT0

Hard drive:
 •1 TB (2 x 500) SATA 3G (3.0 Gb/sec)
 •7200 rpm

From: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-blue-1tb-internal-sata-hard-drive-for-desktops-oem-bare-drive-black-s...

for $50 US, you get the same size and same speed internal disk-drive, with a 2-year warranty.

P.S. Is the warranty for your current disk-drive still good?  If so, you can get a replacement for FREE.

P.P.S. If the current disk-drive is still working, you have two options:

* run a program (available on the disk-drive) to "Create a System Recovery Set" (either one 16GB USB memory-stick, or a few DVD-recordable disks), to enable you to reinstall Windows (this will not "save" your files nor your currently-installed extra programs (MS Office, anti-virus, et cetera);

* buy the new disk-drive, and use free "disk-cloning" software to copy 100% of your current disk-drive onto the new disk-drive;

Note that you have a "Digital Entitlement" to reinstall Windows 10, at any time, onto your computer, without purchasing a new product-key.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.