Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Compaq sr1603wm
Microsoft Windows XP

I am fixing an old Compaq sr1603wm for a frind of mine and I can't seem to find the right PCI Device Driver for it, the update will not find it. I know that it is an old computer with a new instal of Windows XP Home Edition on it that I did. Could anyone please seend me to the right place to download this drive, but not to HP because they do not have this old computer in their system, it is retired from there. Thank you in advance, Les.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Les.

I have zipped up and attached the file you need for the modem, below.

Download, unzip and run the file.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_79991_1

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi, @Les70 :

There can be several devices labeled as such when a driver is missing.

Please post the hardware ID for the PCI device that needs a driver.  You will need to be running XP SP2 or SP3 to find that info.

Go to the device manager and click on the PCI Device needing the driver.  Then click on the Details tab at the top of the PCI Device window.

Post the string of characters that begin with PCI\VEN...

HP Recommended

I have sp3 on it, here is the PCI\VEN_14F1DEV_2F20&SUBSYS_200C14F1&REV_00\4&1C88B56&0&48A4, thank you, Les

HP Recommended

I have zipped up and attached the file you need for the modem, below.

Download, unzip and run the file.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help in this, I do appreciate it very much.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help and information on this, it said to go to the modem driver section for this. Thank you, Les.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

After you ran the file I attached, go to C:\SWSetup\sp26582.

Open the Modem Conexant folder, and run the Setup (not the HXFSetup) application you see in the file listing.

HP Recommended

Thank you and everyone that supplied me with the information for this computer, it worked, thank you once again. Les

HP Recommended

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.