Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

8200 Elite, Windows 7 x86, cannot find driver for PCI Simple Communications Controller.

Some details:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C3A&SUBSYS_1495103C&REV_04
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C3A&SUBSYS_1495103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C3A&CC_078000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C3A&CC_0780

Device

\Device\NTPNP_PCI0002

Bus type guid

{c8ebdfb0-b510-11d0-80e5-00a0c92542e3}

Any help appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

My last suggestion is to try the AMT driver which is related.  But the device details aren't telling me it is that driver.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12...

You all did install the chipset driver first, I presume, and that didn't install the driver?

Paul

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

Hi,

Whick model of the Elite are you using?

Please identify your notebook/pc with more than the series number.

Look at the base/rear/side of the notebook/pc at the barcoded sticker.

Post items numbered 1 and 2 on the following image. Your barcode may be slightly different but will still have the important imformation needed for us to help you.  
###Do not post the serial number as it is personal information.###
c01931836.gif
Post the installed operating system version ( and whether it is 32 or 64-bit )

Not posting the information as requested will delay our responses and troubleshooting of the issue that led you to author a thread.

It appears that you are looking for an Intel driver.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

same issue.  HP Compaq 8200 Elite, SFF Win 7 Ent. 64 bit

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C3A&SUBSYS_1495103C&REV_04 device driver needed

HP Recommended

Hi:

You need to install the IMEI driver. You may have to manually install it by using the Browse my computer for software method and browse to C:SWSetup\sp54095

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=US&swItem=vc-964...

Paul

HP Recommended

When I try to update the driver it says that it can't because the "name (Intel Management Engine Interface) us akready in use as either a service or a service deiplay name.

HP Recommended

Hi, sorry that isn't working.

I don't know what to tell you. That is the device that is missing.

Try this different version of the driver. If that doesn't work, I can't be of any further assistance.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=US&swItem=vc-876...

Paul

HP Recommended

HP Compaq 8200 Elite Small Form Factor

Serial number MXL1181Q1F

Product No. XL510AV

Followed the suggestions on this thread and installed SP53951.

The installation process is unusually long, approximately 5 minutes while searching Windows update, and then fails with "Unidentified Device".

At this point, the device "PCI Simple Communications Controller" name changes to "Unknown Device".

The device properties show the location as PCI bus 0, device 22, function 0.

I then installed SP50124, again, approximately 5 minutes, followed by "Unidentified Device" failure.

HP Recommended

Hi:

My last suggestion is to try the AMT driver which is related.  But the device details aren't telling me it is that driver.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12...

You all did install the chipset driver first, I presume, and that didn't install the driver?

Paul

HP Recommended

Found one that works: sp52247

HP Recommended

Hi:

I'm glad that fixed it.

It was driving me crazy I couldn't just point you to the right driver on the first go-around.

I guess that ID 1C3A can be it too.  I'll make a note of it.  he PCI database ID'd it as the IMEI device.

Normally it is 1C3D for the AMT driver.

Paul

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.