Post new question
Question
Pavilion Desktop a6528p drivers
Replies (23)

Tutor
Message 21 of 24 (69 Views)

Re: Pavilion Desktop a6528p drivers

Will do, and thanks. SP1 was in the package, so Step 2 it will be. FYI, once W7 is running and stable, apps installed, etc, I'm interested in a W10 Pro upgrade. Would my system support that? (I promise not to bring that issue any further into this one! LOL)

TTYS
Provost
Message 22 of 24 (66 Views)

Hi:

The 15-1 card reader probably won't work.

Everything else should.

I have a HP dc7800 business desktop PC with pretty much the same chipset as your PC, and it runs W10 just fine.

I do have a graphics card in mine, so I can't say how the onboard Intel graphics works with the generic W10 Intel graphics driver.

Probably no worse than it will on W7.

Tutor
Message 23 of 24 (59 Views)

Hi Paul,

I'm posting this from the (formerly) miscreant HP a6528p. Win7 is set up, activated, and online.  I used iobit Driver Booster to do all the driver updates, it seems to be better at these things than I'll ever be, LOL.  The second link for updates with SP1 didn't go, so I'm trying another route. 

I want to thank you one more time for your expertise, professionalism and patience.  I'd almost given up on ever seeing this PC function normally.  It's nice to be wrong sometimes!

Thanks again,

Larry

Highlighted
Provost
Message 24 of 24 (58 Views)

Anytime, Larry.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Enjoy!

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation