Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I did a clean install of windows 7 after I formatted the hard drive on my HP Pavilion a6219h and now the ethernet controllers and audio drivers are missing and I cant find them anywhere online.

Please HELP...!!!!

My computer specs are listed here: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01297095&lang=en&cc=us&taskI...

HP Recommended

Hi Winodws 7 on HP:

You have the Realtek HD audio controller. Since you did not specify whether or not you installed the 32 bor 64 bit version, I can only bring you to the page to get the drivers you need. Select the W7 32 or 64 bit drivers as applicable.

Audio:

Accept the agreement, download and install either the first or second file on the list.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT...

Network:  You have the Intel 82562V ethernet controller;  Download and install the first or second driver listed as applicable.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18713&ProdId=998&lang=eng&OSVersion=W...

Paul

HP Recommended

Hey Paul, First off I want to say Thanks. And I got the audio to work, but when I try to install the ethernet controller driver I get the error message "Cannot install Drivers. No Intel adapters are present in this computer" Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I have a 32bit system.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Not a problem to get the right one. That was what the PC specs page stated it had.

We can tell exactly what card you have by you clicking on the missing ethernet adapter in the device manager.

Then click on the Details tab. In the Properties drop down list, select the second item (Hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters you see in the window. Those will identify the model network card you have and I can send you the link to the drivers.

I'm gonna be running some errands, so it may be a couple hours before I can send you the drivers you need, unless someone else sees this and gets them to you before I do.

Paul

HP Recommended

It's not a problem. I took another look at it and although the driver was installed for the audio I guess it didn't work. I thought it did because it went through the installation process and insisted on a reboot, but any who I got those id numbers listed here for both the ethernet and audio:

Ethernet Controller:

PCI\VEN_1317&DEV_0985&SUBSYS_05741317&REV_11
PCI\VEN_1317&DEV_0985&SUBSYS_05741317
PCI\VEN_1317&DEV_0985&CC_020000
PCI\VEN_1317&DEV_0985&CC_0200

Audio:

PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0007&SUBSYS_100A1102&REV_00
PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0007&SUBSYS_100A1102
PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0007&CC_040100
PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0007&CC_0401

HP Recommended

Hi:

You can't find the drivers because you have some add-on network card in your PC...a Linksys LNE 100TX Fast Ethernet Adapter(LNE100TX v4)

Below is the link to the only drivers for it. If they don't work, you will need to either use the onboard network card (assuming it works which it may not since there is an add on card), or you will need to purchase a windows 7 capable network card.

http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/support/adapters/LNE100TX

Audio..That is not what your PC specs stated it came with: Another add on audio card:

Creative Audigy SE (SB0570)

Try the first driver on the list:

http://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=1&CatName=Sound%20Blaster&subCatID=20...

Someone on a windows 7 forum (chev65) stated that was the one that would work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/45705-creative-audigy-se-sb0570-win7-32-bit-driver.html

That is the best I could do. I would yank both of those cards and see if the onboard hardware works if these drivers I posted don't.

Paul

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul..!!! I finally got it to work.. I had to install the 64 bit version of windows 7. Thanks for all your help.. You're a godsend... 🙂

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad you got everything to work.

Paul

HP Recommended

I am planning to upgrade my HP Pavilion a6220n Vista to Windows 7 Home Premium.

I would like to do my homework before I start so I have the following questions please:

- how is the performance running W7, much improved?, is it slow and sluggish? did you upgrade anything ie Ram, CPU?

- on the HP driver download page, when I select the W7 OS from the drop down it does not list all the drivers, could someone provide me with a link where I can find all the drivers please?

- I also heard that we can use the Vista drivers for W7, not sure if this is true?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen wrote:

Hi:

This has got me buffaloed.

According to your system specs you have the  Intel 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network Connection.

OK, this is my last shot. If this doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you...

I took the driver file and extracted the files into a zipped folder I named Network Drivers. I have uploaded it onto my MS Skydrive space.

Download the file, unzip it and make sure you make a note where you saved it to. It should save to your downloads folder in Windows 7. 

Now, click on your network adapter in the device manager, click on the driver tab. Click on update driver. Select the Browse My Computer for Software option. Browse to the folder you unzipped with the network drivers, and see if it loads the drivers then. If it doesn't, I give up.

Paul

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.