Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hpe-345sc
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have an old HPE-345SC. When I bought it, WINDOWS was preinstalled by HP.

The haddisk broke down som weeks ago, and silly me had not made a recovery disc

Microsoft gave me link where I could download WINDOWS 7. After entering the Product key I got this message:

The product key you entered appears to be for software pre-installed by the device manufacturer. Please contact the device manufacturer for software recovery options.

Now i contact you - the device manufacturer - for help. Microsoft Support denied to give me a way around and said this is the resposibility of HP.

I first of all need to download WINDOWS 7 iso-file. But if there is an iso-file/image disc for HPE-345SC to download I will be very glad. I am living in Norway and my language is Norwegian, but English will also do.

I contacted HP telephone Support, but the Swedish could not?/would not?  help me.

Regards

Torstein

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, @la2ty :

This site claims to have genuine, unadulterated W7 ISO files for download.

https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-iso-download-tool

Click on the link labeled Windows ISO Downloader.exe

You can use either the:

Win 7 Home/Pro (as applicable) SP1 or the (Retail version, but the OEM key on your PC's case will work with it)

Win 7 Home/Pro (as applicable) SP1 COEM (This version would be for what HP would have used--System Builder)

N is for European Union countries.

K is for South Korean markets.

You will have the option to select the language version you need as well--including Norwegian.

You can use this tool to transfer the ISO file to a 4 GB USB flash drive or DVD.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool

I checked the site where you can order recovery disks in Norway and even they don't have any.

http://www.best2serve.com/page/rcd_hardware_related_products/?product_type_id=4&hardware_product_id=...

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Since you are not located in the USA, it will be more complicated and M$ is of no help, as you found out.  If you do not need all of the "other" software that comes with the Recovery disk set, then you are able to reinstall Windows 7 from a regular install disk, which would be the same thing as downloading from M$.  Make sure you have the same version as the COA sticker and the use that product key.  As long as the versions match, then even a borrowed disk will work.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Hi, @la2ty :

This site claims to have genuine, unadulterated W7 ISO files for download.

https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-iso-download-tool

Click on the link labeled Windows ISO Downloader.exe

You can use either the:

Win 7 Home/Pro (as applicable) SP1 or the (Retail version, but the OEM key on your PC's case will work with it)

Win 7 Home/Pro (as applicable) SP1 COEM (This version would be for what HP would have used--System Builder)

N is for European Union countries.

K is for South Korean markets.

You will have the option to select the language version you need as well--including Norwegian.

You can use this tool to transfer the ISO file to a 4 GB USB flash drive or DVD.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool

I checked the site where you can order recovery disks in Norway and even they don't have any.

http://www.best2serve.com/page/rcd_hardware_related_products/?product_type_id=4&hardware_product_id=...

HP Recommended

Thank you for trying to help me. The problem is that the computer had WINDOWS 7 pre-installed. I got no disk. Everything was on a recovery partition to make your own recovery disc, and I did not do that job.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That file will allow you to download the ISO file you need to make your own plain W7 installation disk.

Then you can install the drivers and software you need from the support page for your PC.

You should be able to use the 25 character Windows product key off the PC's case to activate windows.

I see that Norway is not an EU country.

Here is the link to the W7 64 bit Home Premium ISO file you need for your PC...The link is only good for 24 hours.

https://software-download.microsoft.com/pr/Win7_HomePrem_SP1_Norwegian_COEM_x64.iso?t=8877da1d-ab32-...

HP Recommended

That link for the ISO downloads appears to be valid.  I went through all the steps until actually downloading the ISO and it appears to do what it says.  Great find @Paul_Tikkanen

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks, @TheOldMan :

I provide this tool when folks cannot purchase recovery disks for their PC's, or they purchased them, but they didn't work, which as you know, happens a lot.

In this particular case, the OP cannot purchase recovery disks from HP, or HP's e-partner for his PC.

Microsoft won't help him either.

I don't think it is right to prevent folks from downloading the Windows 7 ISO file they need, since they have a valid and legal windows product key, a license to use windows, and neither HP nor Microsoft will help them.

I will never understand that.

HP Recommended

To Paul Tikkanen.

I have done what you told me to do. But when I was going til activate, my product key was not accepted. May be I downloaded a wrong version? (Win7_HomePrem_N_SP1_Norwegian_x64.iso)

I have also downloaded  (Win7_HomePrem_SP1_Norwegian_COEM_ x64.iso). I will try to install  this now. May be that vesion can be activated.

On the procuct label it says: WINDOWS 7 HOME PREM OA HP

Yes, it is correct. Norway is not a part of EU, but we are associated with EU, and mostly we have the same rules and "rights".

I will come back when i have installed the other version.

HP Recommended

Good luck.

Hopefully the plain (non-N) OEM version will work from the direct link I posted.

HP Recommended

To Paul Tikkanen!

Thank you very much for your help. Using the second iso file, made it possible for me to activate WINDOWS using my old product key. Now my old PC is working 100%.

I realy do wonder why the Swedish-speaking HP support could not help me in this way. It had been so easy for him to send me what you told me to do.

It is the second time the Scandinavian HP support did not solve my problem. First time was when I put in a 3 TB HD. I solved the problem myself that time.

Glad to have this Forum!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.