Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Office Jet Pro 8600 Plus
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

When scanning a document all works well and I can see each page after it is scanned.  I then save the document as a .pdf file.

When I go back into the saved PDF file, it says "This file was damaged (corrupted) and has been repaired", the problem is that page 1 is blank but all other pages are fine.

Can anyone help fix this problem.

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Richard444

If the problem surfaces with every scan and every document, you will want to reinstall the Full Feature Software for the printer.

Printer:

HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One Printer - N911g

Full Feature Software:

File name: OJ8600_1315-1.exe

Release details

Released: Nov 13, 2015

From the Troubleshooting > Scan Section:

Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows

Help, Instructions, and Examples:

Install Full Feature Software – Printer

=======================================================

If the problem is just the one file, then the printer program is likely stumbling on something on that document that the program cannot handle - text or images are the likely culprits although it could be something inane like weird data (already a possible problem) that pokes over the edge of the margin area.

You could try using a different scan program to see if the issue can be better handled by using a different software.

If you cannot overcome the issue, that is, if the program refuses to handle the scan of this document properly -- and should you be  desperate enough -- you might scan the document as an Image (photo).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Side Bar: 

Make sure you have updated your Adobe Reader to Adobe Reader DC.

Reference:

Manage Print Output with Print Preview

Section:

Adobe Reader DC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scanning Program Options

Related Sections:

Windows Scan – Windows 8.x > Windows 10

NAPS -- Not another PDF Scanner

Unrelated - interesting to know:

Gimp > Provides batch control for multiple images scanned to separate files

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks for your instructions. 

I have reinstalled the complete software program but the problem continues to occur.  All the pages show up well when I am in the scan window but after saving the file and opening it through Windows Explorer the same message shows up and the 1st page is blank but all other pages are fine.

I also tried to scan using another program other than the HP Scan and it works fine.  Unfortunately the other program is not as flexible as the HP Scan (ie rotate scanned pages, etc), so I would like to fix the HP Scan problem if I can.

Any other solutions?

Thanks,

HP Recommended

@Richard444

All scan documents -- or -- one particular document -- exhibit the issue??

The Scan Preview is not a "scan" -- it is a representation of the image seen by the printer.  Until the scanned data is saved into PDF or Image format, there is not a way to determine whether the translation from "image on glass" to "data in file" will be successful.

That information does not help you -- but perhaps it is useful in context:  What you see is not what you get until the software translates the data to a file.

The following may be helpful:

How to Repair or Recover Data from a Corrupted PDF File

Reference:

Manage Print Output with Print Preview

Perhaps one of our other Experts can provide the answer you seek.

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

This problem occurs with all scanned documents when using the HP Scan application.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.