Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP All in One 23-r110
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I purchased an hp all in one 23-r110 which arrived with Windows 10.  For work purposes the computer will require windows 7.  I installed windows 7. I rounded up two of the missing drivers, but am still missing a few.  

I am in need of drivers for:

the network controller, Hardware ID - PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8179

PCI Simple Communications Controller, Hardware ID- PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C3A

SM Bus Controller, Hardware ID - PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C22

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks for your time. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

See if this one works for the Intel Management Engine Interface driver.

This package provides the Intel Management Engine Interface Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp72285.exe

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need these drivers...

SM Bus Controller:  Install this driver first and restart the PC>

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/20775/Intel-Chipset-Device-Software-INF-Update-Utility-?v=...

PCI Simple Communications Controller:

This package provides the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI)Driver for the supported models and operating systems. TheIntel Management Engine Interface enables communication between thehost operating system and the Intel Management Engine firmware.

File name: sp66098.exe

network controller:

This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported models running a supported operating system.

File name: sp72932.exe

HP Recommended

Hey Paul,

Thanks for taking the time to help me out and thanks for responding so quickly. 

I tried manually uploading the SM Bus controller files from the intel website. I created a folder and moved the files in the zip file into that folder.  They files weren't recognized by the system.  It occured to me having uploaded the other drivers that I now I had internet access so I chose the second option on the intel site and ran the executable file.  For some reason this appears to have worked.  I'm not sure why. 

The PCI Simple communications Controller link ran for a while and then produced the error:

"The setup program failed to install one or more device drivers.  Setup will exit."

The third link for the network controller worked wonderfully and I now have wireless internet.  

I'm one driver away.  Thanks again. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

See if this one works for the Intel Management Engine Interface driver.

This package provides the Intel Management Engine Interface Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp72285.exe

HP Recommended

Hey Paul,

So when I went to upload, I was informed I was missing missing windows kernel mode driver.  This was easy to find and I installed it.  After that modification the final driver uploaded succesfully.  

Thanks again for all of your help.  

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.