Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I can't seem to find exactly where the temporary burn folder is located.  I'm using Vista and Firefoox.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Go to control panel --> Folder options --> View --> click on show hidden files -->close Control Panel. 

double-click on My Computer and drill down through this path:   c:\Users\\AppData\local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn\Temporary Burn Folder\

There ya go.

Regards,

Eric

Message Edited by erico on 01-16-2009 02:42 AM

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi,

Go to control panel --> Folder options --> View --> click on show hidden files -->close Control Panel. 

double-click on My Computer and drill down through this path:   c:\Users\\AppData\local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn\Temporary Burn Folder\

There ya go.

Regards,

Eric

Message Edited by erico on 01-16-2009 02:42 AM

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
When I get to Users, I am given two choices:  Owner, or Public.  The App folder is not found in either of those folders.  That's why I've been having such a hard time finding the Temporary burn folder.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Well, if you have not changed folder options, as I suggested then you will not see the hidden folders. The burn folder is located beneath AppData, not App. You will not find the burn folder below Public either. This is a standard configuration within Windows OS installations.You will have to look beneath Owner after you make hidden files viewable.

Regards,

Eric

HP Recommended
I did make sure I could see the hidden folders before going to the next step.  I also used AppData, instead of App.  However, I still couldn't find the Temporary Burn Folder.  I then tried using the search engine, and found out that I could get close.  In the seach box, I started with AppData, then I got local, Microsoft, Windows, and Burn.  I couldn't get the the folder that is called Temporary Burn Folder.  Is the Burn folder the same as the Temporary Burn Folder?  If so, I'm in luck.  If not, I'm very close.
HP Recommended

Hi,

The Burn folder and Temporary Burn Folder are not the same. Windows creates it when you burn data to a CD or DVD. I am curious as to why you are so concerned about this folder. Have you had a failure related to copying files to a DVD or CD? 

Regards,

Eric

HP Recommended

I believe the Temporary Burn Folder only shows up when you have files waiting to be written to the CD/DVD. 

What exactly is going on or why do you need access to this folder?  Knowing this might help us to help you sort your issue.  If your pc keeps saying it has files ready to be written but when you open the drive to write or delete the files and nothing is there, there's two possibilities from my personal experience.  The registry keys are messed up (system restore should resolve that) or you've got a nasty infection from a virus or malware or something and you should run some good scanners and clean things up.  If that still doesn't resolve, run HiJackThis and post to their forums where someone there might analyze the log file and tell you what's going on.

insert signature here
HP Recommended
Whenever I want to save pictures from a web site, I am presented with a box to choose where I want the pictures to be saved.  For various reasons, it is easier to burn the pictures to disc if they are saved in the Temporary Burn folder.  However, I can't figure out how to indicate in that box that I want the Temporary Burn folder, and that's why my original question was how to find the folder.  I hope this helps clarify the question.
HP Recommended

Right click on the image and select save image as.  Then in the location box you should be able to select your burner.  Make sure you format your disk to allow multiple burn sessions until you have it filled (it will only be readable in the computer you set it up in until you finalize it).  Once you have everything sent to the burner that you want to save, just open the burner drive through your computer icon in your start menu and click Burn up top.

If that's not working for you, then that's what we need to work on.  Like I said, the temporary folder only shows up when a disk is inserted that is ready to accept data.  There really shouldn't be any need to manually access or manage that folder.

Let me know how the right click and save image as function works!

Message Edited by frprinterwiz on 01-20-2009 08:26 AM
insert signature here
HP Recommended

Hi,

As frprinterwiz stated..the Temporary Burn Folder is created on-the-fly by the Operating system beneath the Burn folder. In Vista the folder remains visible, even after the document has been burned to its destination folder, but it is empty. This is a type of folder that is not normally used manually. You can try another folder instead, since your system is being a bit difficult.BTW, what are the various reasons,if I may ask, that it seems easier for you in theTemporay Burn folder? I have not experienced the problem you describe in Windows XP, Windows Vista nor Windows 7. What are you using for burning software? That might very well be the underlying issue.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.