Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Elitdisplay E230t
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

WEll.

I am an new user of HP Desktop workstation and  recently  I  bought E230t touch screen monitor .And  it  is  not  work as  they said .( May be I am not familier with this modern tech. ) .Can  anyone  help me out ??

Thanks  in Advance .

ukyaw

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

> after many conversations, i have understood that    i must  connect USB cable together with VGA /HDMI/DisplayPort ...

YES!

To activate the two "downstream" USB ports on your monitor, and to activate your touchscreen, you need to connect that USB cable -- that is why the cable was supplied with the monitor.

P.S. Try connecting the DisplayPort-to-DisplayPort cable to your monitor and your computer, and using the 'OSD' on your monitor to select input from the DisplayPort cable.  This might provide a clearer display than when going through your VGA-to-DisplayPort adapter.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
HP Recommended

According to: http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c05238082.pdf

you need to connect a USB cable from your computer to the "upstream" USB 3.0 port on the monitor, to use the USB ports on the back of the monitor, and, I am guessing, to treat the touch-screen as a HID ("Human Input Device"), i.e., like a mouse.

Have you connected such a cable?

HP Recommended
I did it ...but still not works sir....should I need to change those cables connecting from computer to monitor ?.. I have ..3 kinds of cables ......display cable..vga cable. And. HDMI cables too.??? Right now I am using display cable .which is SUB 3.0
Thank you for answering....
HP Recommended

> I did it ...but still not works

Was there a "Getting Started" document that was shipped with the monitor?

If not, see: http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=11176889&docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c0...

> should I need to change those cables connecting from computer to monitor ? 

> I have 3 kinds of cables:  Display-Port cable, VGA cable, and HDMI cables.

Each of those cables will support "video" output from the computer to the display.

I doubt that _ANY_ of them will send the touch-screen gestures from the display to your computer.

> Right now I am using display cable .which is SUB 3.0

I doubt that this cable is a USB 3.0 cable.

I'm sure that you need to use a USB 3.0 cable from your computer to the "upstream" USB port on your monitor.

Experiment: put a USB memory-stick into one of the two "downstream" USB ports on your monitor.

Does your computer detect the presence of the memory-stick?

If not, then your computer will not detect the presence of the touch-screen,

until you connect a USB cable from the monitor to a USB port on your computer.

Again, look at: http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=11176889&docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c0...

Look at picture #4, in that document, which show the necessary connection of a USB cable.

HP Recommended
I am using number 4 in the getting started picture
HP Recommended

Not all the pictures on that web-page are numbered!

Look at the picture between #4 and #5, with the text 'USB' above the picture.

Experiment: put a USB memory-stick into one of the two "downstream" USB ports on your monitor.

Does your computer detect the presence of the memory-stick?

If you change the #4 cable, does it make a difference?

HP Recommended

Actualy ... I  have  3  cables  .1   VGA ....  2      Display  port   .....   3   USB       non  of them  are  not  avle  to  connect  computor  directly ......

so  I bought  adaptor    to connect  with  VGA  and  ...another  one  for  ...display port ......for  USB  I  don't have  adaptor  ....

and   VGA  and display port  are  working  with  adaptor  ...BUT   touch  screen is  not  work ....

that's  my  issue ...

thanks

HP Recommended

Actually ,,,  I  can  use  by  regular  mouse ......but  can't  use by  touching ... sir .

HP Recommended

> Actually ,,,  I  can  use  by  regular  mouse ......but  can't  use by  touching ...

Correct.  Is the "tail" of the mouse connected to a USB port on your computer?

Are there other "empty" USB ports nearby to where the mouse connects?

> Actually ... I  have  3  cables  .

> 1   VGA .... 

> 2   Display  port   .....  

Neither of these two cables will activate your touch-screen.

> 3   USB      

I presume that your USB cable looks like this one:

The "white-rectangle" end must connect into your monitor.

The "flat" end must connect to a USB port on your computer.

I presume that your computer has at least one available USB port ???

> none  of them  are  not  able  to  connect  computer  directly ......

Really?  None are not?  Does that mean that all of them ARE working?

Look at this picture:

The above picture shows 4 different connectors. 

Which of the sockets that accept these connectors are present on your computer?

so  I bought  adapter  to connect with  VGA  and  ...another  one  for  ...display port ......

> and  VGA  and DisplayPort  are  working  with  adapter

I think that you are "trying too hard".  Use either a VGA-to-VGA cable, or a DVI-to-DVI cable, to connect from your computer to your monitor.  But, if you are successfully getting an image on your monitor, don't remove any cable.

> for  USB  I  don't have  adapter  .... ...BUT   touch  screen is  not  work .... that's  my  issue ...

To repeat, you need to connect a USB cable, as stated above, to get the USB ports on the monitor to work, and to activate the touchscreen.

HP Recommended

yes ,i  m  using VGA with adaptor 11.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.