Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

> USB  cable  is  not  work  (  I  tried  ) ....

You have never answered my question: do the two USB ports on the monitor work?

If they do, then that USB cable is working.

Is there an "OSD" (On Screen Display) control on the monitor, to enable/disable the touchscreen feature?

> Display  to  Display   port  also  not  work

Use that OSD to tell the monitor to "listen" to either the VGA or the DVI or the DisplayPort input.

When you select DisplayPort, and you connect the DisplayPort-to-DisplayPort cable, it should work, and produce the "best" picture on your monitor.

HP Recommended

Hi ...

good evening  sir ........After  I have  read  your  latest  reply  ...  our  disscusion is  not  to  the point  ...(  I am  sorry ..if  i  made it ..mistaken  ... my  poor  language  also  make  u  borthered .)    Actually  ,, I  am  saying  is ....

monitor is  working   by  using  VGA  cable  with  adaptor and ....Display  cable  also  can use  with  connecting  by  adaptor ..

But  I  can not  use  by  my  fingers  like   a  tablet.or  smart phone.   .......because  it  is  saying  touch screen  monitor  !....so i  think   it  can  be  touch by  fingers  instead  of using  mouse ....  that  is my  question ....

I am  really sorry ...fo r   that .....

HP Recommended

>    good evening  sir ........After  I have  read  your  latest  reply  ...  our  discussion is  not  to  the point  ...

> (  I am  sorry ..if  i  made it ..mistaken  ... my  poor  language  also  make  u  borthered .)    Actually  ,, I  am  saying  is ....

> monitor is  working   by  using  VGA  cable  with  adaptor and ....

> Display  cable  also  can use  with  connecting  by  adaptor ..

Yes, I understand what connections you are using.

However, your monitor has multiple inputs, in the same way that a television set can tune to multiple channels, one at a time.  So, you need to use the buttons on the monitor to select which of the "input" channels (VGA, DVI, DisplayPort) is to be the "active" channel.

On your monitor, if you choose DisplayPort, and you have a DisplayPort-to-DisplayPort cable connected into one of the DisplayPort sockets on your computer, you do not need any adapter.

On your monitor, if you choose DVI, and you have a DVI-to-DVI cable connected into the DVI socket on your computer, you do not need any adapter.

On your monitor, if you choose VGA, and your computer does *NOT* have a VGA socket, you will need to use an adapter, and connect the adapter to a DisplayPort socket or a DVI socket on your computer.

> But  I  can not  use  by  my  fingers  like   a  tablet.or  smart phone.   .......because  it  is  saying  touch screen  monitor  !....so i  think   it  can  be  touch by  fingers  instead  of using  mouse ....  that  is my  question ....

Do you understand that each of those "video" inputs into your monitor (DVI, VGA, DisplayPort) are "one-way" connections -- none of those cables allow any actions on your touchscreen to be "sent" to your computer?

To get "output" from your monitor (either devices connected to the USB ports on your monitor, or the touchscreen actions), you need to connect the USB cable (that was supplied with your new monitor) to your monitor, and to your computer.  Also, you will need to use the buttons on your monitor to display an "on-screen" menu. On the menu, you need to "enable" the touchscreen feature.

So, I ask again: if you connect a USB memory-stick to one of the USB sockets on your monitor (not to your computer), does your computer recognize that device?  If your computer does not, then your computer will not recognize the actions on your touchscreen monitor.

HP Recommended

From: http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c05238082.pdf

there are "buttons" to control the 'OSD' (On Screen Display)

Capture.JPG

Use that 'OSD' to select the "active" port (HDMI, or VGA, or DisplayPort).

On the same page, in the "Inputs" section:

Input Signal:
* 1 VGA
* 1 HDMI 1.4
* 1 DisplayPort 1.2 (HDCP support on HDMI and DisplayPort)

Video Cables: VGA, DisplayPort

USB:  3 USB 3.0 (Two downstream and one upstream)

USB Cable: USB 3.0

In the "What's in the box?" section:

AC power cord: 1,9 m (6.2 ft)

VGA cable: 1,8 m (5.9 ft)

DisplayPort cable: 1,8 m (5.9 ft)

USB cable: 1,8 m (5.9 ft)

In the "On Screen Display (OSD)" section:

Brightness, Contrast, Color Control, Input Control, Image Control, Power control, Menu Control, Management, Language, Information, Factory Reset

Use the "Input Control" to select the active video input: HDMI or VGA or DisplayPort.

You need to connect the supplied USB 3.0 cable to the "upstream" port on your monitor, and to your computer to enable the two "downstream" USB ports, and to enable the "touchscreen".

HP Recommended

Hi

my  dear ,,,,after many conversations,

i have understood that    i must  connect USB cable together with VGA  or..HDMI  or..DISPLAY PUT.....like that //??

because I am  connection with VGA and USB    from my computer to monitor ...it is now works   i could use  touch screen.

thank you foryour help..with very patient .0001.jpg

HP Recommended

> after many conversations, i have understood that    i must  connect USB cable together with VGA /HDMI/DisplayPort ...

YES!

To activate the two "downstream" USB ports on your monitor, and to activate your touchscreen, you need to connect that USB cable -- that is why the cable was supplied with the monitor.

P.S. Try connecting the DisplayPort-to-DisplayPort cable to your monitor and your computer, and using the 'OSD' on your monitor to select input from the DisplayPort cable.  This might provide a clearer display than when going through your VGA-to-DisplayPort adapter.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.