Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p7-1270t
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I recently began having an issue with my HP Pavilion p7-1270t desktop in which I could no longer print, although I show my printer connected. I found an error on my devices and printers for an unknown device type for my Universal Serial Bus controller at location Port_#0001.Hub_#0004.  I follow some advice on another forum to unplug my PC for a few minutes, which temporarily cleared the issue, but it has reared its head again.  My OS is Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @dug61 ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion p7-1270t CTO Desktop and issues with the Printer. I would uninstall the printer software, restart the Desktop. Then reinstall the software. This should give the Desktop a new and fresh look at the printer.

Please note remove any and all USB devices (not the keyboard and mouse). Disconnect all non-essential devices, as these could cause some issues.

You could consult the Printer manufacturer.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply Mrstenter. My problem has been resolved, at least temporarily, after a second attempt at having Windows troubleshooter take a shot at the issue.  I am still keeping an eye out to see if the issue reoccurrs, and if it does I will try the recommended approach.

Thanks again!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.