Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion 13-s150sa sd card
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi their i hope you can help me I got this laptop for my Christmas pressent it still has 3 months of warranty left.

I was running out of space on it so i got a 128GB SD card plugged it in and the PC did not see it so i did some research on the HP website and installed new drivers still did not work so i "wrongly" decided to reinstall windows 10. But it crashed through the installing prosess. Now when I boot it up it says they is no OS installed and gives a screen like this,

Example of a Boot Device Not Found error screen with a Hard Disc error code

I have done all the step that i found on the hp website but still nothing.

"http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443463"

The person that bought it from got it from Currys pc world, and they gave them a 32GB USB with a back up of the operating system but when I plug it in it comes up with do you want to restore windows 10. I say yes but it goes wrong at 41%.

Here are the screen made from the usb,

P1050418 (Copy).JPG

I click troublesshoot

P1050420 (Copy).JPG

Then recover from a drive

P1050421 (Copy).JPG

Then Just remove my files.

But then it stopes at 41% and says 

P1050418 (Copy).JPG

So I can not boot up windows 10.

Does any one know how to get it back?

Thanks hope you can help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

1. Call HP and request HP recovery media

2. Call HP and as for warranty repair.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

1. Call HP and request HP recovery media

2. Call HP and as for warranty repair.

HP Recommended

OK thanks I will try that also I am going past a curry's PC world today so i will see what they say.

I just don't know if that would come under the warranty  but I will find out today.

Thanks for the ideas, and hopfull one of the three ideas will work.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Typically W10 after three (3) reboot attempts will try to execute an automatic recovery process.  That may or may not work in your situation but try it anyway.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

When I went to curry pc world they fixed it for me using the recovery disk so now I have just had to set up windows 10 again and get my files back from my back up.

:OpenSmile:   :OpenSmile:  :generic:

And it it now seems to be working very well the only problem is that I have lost 2 documents as they was not backed up. But I should be able to re make them as they will be overwritten by now from the reinstall from Windows.

thanks again lewis

Before a forget they is one more problem that I forget to mention to curry pc World and that is the sd reader is not working. And I don't know how to get it working?:smileyfrustrated:

HP Recommended

Ask Curry PC what they did to your SD reader.:smileysurprised:

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

They said all they had done was but the Laptop back to the factory settings when they reinstalled windows 10 from the recovery disk. They said you way need to update the driver but I don't know where to find it?:smileyindifferent:

I did not know if the SD card worked befor the problem though as I normaly use a USB stick but a have bought a SD card so that  i can use it as a backing up device just for the laptop so I dont lose any more of my documents if something happends again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.