Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks, Phil!

By this I can fully use my older HP dx2000 MT (PE205ET) P4 machine perfectly with Windows 7 SP1. And I can state that it is working flawlessly!

Because your link is outdated, I want to add a new link here to the driver:

Display_Intel_8265G 6.14.10.4656.rar

Enjoy!

HP Recommended

Dear Phil,

I have an HP Compac dc 5000 and a d330 DT desktop computers. They both use the Intel 82865G graphics controller.

I am trying to download the driver you mentioned, but it is no longer available on the link you provided?

I want to try your driver to see if it fixes my problem with Windows 7 and my computers, which is the same like yours?

Very respectfully,

please advise,

peter

HP Recommended

Peter,

You obviously missed my post previous to yours...

HP Recommended

Hi:

I have uploaded the driver to my skydrive folder. 

Click on the link below, and DL the file labeled Intel 82865 Driver (Vista - Win7) on the upper right side of the folder.

HP Recommended

Dear Paul,

Thank you so much for your quick reply and access to the file. I was able to succesfully download the file. I see a total of 12 files in it. I tried to double click the one that is called "driver", but I get a response stating that an nfo file is not recognized.

I am not a very skillful person when it comes to computers. Could you perhaps give me some detailed instructions on how to install this driver for me and my wife?

Because I think that your solution might be the way forward?

Very respectfully,

peter

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Peter.

Try to manually install the driver.

Go to the device manager and click to expand the Display adapters category.

Click on the Standard VGA adapter. Click on the driver tab. Click on update driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software and browse to the driver folder you unzipped.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and see if the driver installs that way.

If it doesn't install, repeat the process and when you are at the Browse my computer for driver software, select the Let Me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (at the bottom of that window), and then select Have Disk.

This time, drill down to the folder: Intel 82865g Driver (Vista-Win7)\ialmnt5, and select the Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller (Microsoft Corporation - XDDM) device from the list and see if the driver installs that way.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Regarding the difference between the files that I can find following the link that you posted and the files that are connected with my link, could you have a look if they differ in version if you have the chance?

The reason I ask is because I wonder weather I would benifit using your driver files instead. I have a problem playing some video files properly with a PC that is equiped with the 865G, specially the MP4's with e.g. 720p content. MKV's are allright. I am using VLC. I am seeing artifacs and frame skipping.

Thanks for your help.

All the best,

Bas

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

I was able to install the driver and it works........However, the video is better but not so smooth?

Any suggestions?

Please advise,

peter

HP Recommended

Hi, Bas/Peter:

It appears to be the same file.

Same driver version, same driver size.

IMO, the best solution to the problem is to get a cheap used Windows 7 capable AGP video card (the d530 has an 8x AGP slot).

That is what I did.

The GeForce 6200 or the Radeon 9600 AGP cards work perfectly including aero.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Graphics-Video-Cards-/27386/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=radeon+9600&_sop=15

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Computer-Components-Parts-/175673/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=geforce+6200&_sop=15

You just need to make sure you get a low profile card with a low profile bracket if you have a SFF PC.

I had 4 d530 CMT's, so it was no problem using the standard size video cards in mine.

I took a card out just to experiment with the onboard Intel driver posted here, and it seemed to have a couple of minor bugs, so I do not think there is anything you can do about it.

For general web surfing, etc., it was fine.

Best Regards,

Paul

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul,

I had an idea to find a graphics card instead of trying to make the onboard graphics any better and that web browsing was as good as it gets with this PC. Which is already quite someting with the 'unofficial' driver and Windows 7! Thanks to this driver this still pretty nice PC is not stuck with XP.

Best regards,

Bas

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.