Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
All in one 23-q110na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For starters this forum won't let me choose a topic such as ..... descktop etc.

I choose then it goes away so I have no idea where this post will end up.

PC seems to be working fine then I scroll down on FB and the screen goes black for a few seconds and then returns to normal. Sometimes it remains blank but I can hear the system is still working. I can unplug head phones plug them back in and I'll hear the sound in the backgraound telling me I have connected or dissconnected something but I can't see anything.

I then have to crash the pc. I've done the unplugging everything I've done the unplugging the pc holding the button in to clear memory etc. Sometimes it might run fine for a couple of days then it's back. Please tell me this thing isn't knackered it's not three months old yet!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

> I have reset the BIOS.

Personally, that is NEVER the first thing that I would do, when trouble-shooting.

> PC seems to be working fine then I scroll down on FB and the screen goes black for a few seconds and then returns to normal. Sometimes it remains blank but I can hear the system is still working.

By 'FB', I will assume that you mean 'FACEBOOK'.

Facebook web-pages are "complex" -- lots of "frames", and more content is loaded as you "scroll-down" a page.

Which version of Windows are you using?

Are you using Google Chrome or Internet Explor or Firefox or Microsoft Edge to access the Facebook web-site?

How much RAM is installed in your computer?

How fast are the CPUs inside your computer?

[Hint: use CTRL-ALT-DELETE and then open "Task Manager". If necessary, click 'More Details'. Click the 'Performance' tab.  Look for installed-RAM, in-use RAM, number of CPU "cores", and number of CPU "threads", and for percent-busy for your CPU usage.]

How fast is your Internet connection?

Do you have a "high-resolution" screen (2048-by-1536) that takes extra "effort" to support?

So, the web-browser could be going "black" while it is downloading more content, and "painting" the new content into its window.

> I can unplug head phones plug them back in and I'll hear the sound in the background telling me I have connected or dissconnected something but I can't see anything.

If your processor has multiple "cores" and multiple "threads" per core, there is enough "remaining" processor-resource to do this "plug-and-play" task while the web-browser is "working".

> I then have to crash the pc. I've done the unplugging everything I've done the unplugging the pc holding the button in to clear memory etc. Sometimes it might run fine for a couple of days then it's back. Please tell me this thing isn't knackered it's not three months old yet!

It's not dead yet (not even pushing-up daisies). 

Occasionally, your "demands" for processing exceed what it can provide in the seconds that you give it to respond.

Also, note that web-browsers occasionally need to be "closed" (not left open for days-and-days showing Facebook) to clean itself up (releasing RAM that it is no longer using back to the Operating System, so that other applications can used the "freed-up" RAM).

HP Recommended

Cores 4
Threads 4
Name AMD A10-8700P
Code Name Carrizo
Package Socket FP4 (968)
Technology 28nm
Specification AMD A10-8700P Radeon R6, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G

Bus Speed 99.8 MHz
Stock Core Speed 1800 MHz
Stock Bus Speed 100 MHz
Caches
L1 Data Cache Size 4 x 32 KBytes
L1 Instructions Cache Size 2 x 96 KBytes
L2 Unified Cache Size 2 x 1024 KBytes
Cores
Core Speed Multiplier Bus Speed Threads
Core 0 1297.4 MHz x 13.0 99.8 MHz APIC ID: 0
Core 1 1297.4 MHz x 13.0 99.8 MHz APIC ID: 1
Core 2 1297.4 MHz x 13.0 99.8 MHz APIC ID: 2
Core 3 1297.4 MHz x 13.0 99.8 MHz APIC ID: 3

Windows 10 64 bit.

Brand new all in one pc.

Pc is never on for more than ten hours max.

8 gig RAM.

Terabyte HDD

Monitor
Name HP ALL-in-One on AMD Radeon R6 Graphics
Current Resolution 1920x1080 pixels
Work Resolution 1920x1040 pixels
State Enabled, Primary
Monitor Width 1920
Monitor Height 1080
Monitor BPP 32 bits per pixel
Monitor Frequency 60 Hz
Device \\.\DISPLAY1\Monitor0

ATI AMD Radeon(TM) R6 Graphics
Manufacturer ATI
Model AMD Radeon R6 Graphics
Device ID 1002-9874
Revision C6
Subvendor HP (103C)
Current Performance Level Level 0
Current GPU Clock 300 MHz
Current Memory Clock 574 MHz
Current Shader Clock 574 MHz
GPU Clock 800.0 MHz
Temperature 51 °C
Driver version 15.201.1301.0
Memory Type DDR3
Memory 512 MB
Bandwidth 25.6 GB/s
Count of performance levels : 2
Level 1 - "Perf Level 0"
GPU Clock 300 MHz
Shader Clock 333 MHz
Level 2 - "Perf Level 1"
GPU Clock 800 MHz
Shader Clock 800 MHz

Browser is Edge.

Wi-Fi Info
Using native Wi-Fi API version 2
Available access points count 2
Wi-Fi (BTHub4

Can't remember download speed but around 13.5 meg? Upload speed is rubbish at around 2.

Hope this is enough info and thankyou for a very speedy reply.

I might not get any replies now till a.m. 

Once again thankyou so much for your time and knowledge.

Jack.

HP Recommended

> Cores 4
> Name AMD A10-8700P
> Code Name Carrizo
> Package Socket FP4 (968)
> Specification AMD A10-8700P Radeon R6, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G
> Stock Core Speed 1800 MHz

>

> 8GB RAM

>

> Name HP ALL-in-One on AMD Radeon R6 Graphics
> Current Resolution 1920x1080 pixels
> Work Resolution 1920x1040 pixels

Great specs!

For any "single-threaded" application, such as Windows Update or Microsoft Word, only 1 of the 4 cores (at 1800 Mhz) will not be as fast as a "fast" CPU (say 3000 Mhz per core).

I cannot see any other reason for your web-browser to be "slow", unless you have other programs running (BitTorrent?) in other windows.

I assume that Windows 10 is automatically "optimizing" (what used to be called "defragmenting") your disk-drive, once per week.

HP Recommended

I've been on Facebook this morning same thing happening every few seconds but I might have solved the problem.

I switched to Google Chrome for Facebook use and no problems!

I'll see how it goes for the rest of the day alternating between Chrome and Edge.

Again thankyou.

I'll report back.

HP Recommended

Okay Edge is the problem. Edge is totally new product to me as before this pc I had another with a formatted hard drive where I used Linux Mint most of the time with Firfox and Windows seven occasionally  ..... with Firefox.  I have not been a Microsft fan for many years. This new pc will probably end up haing my favourite operating system on it very soon. I hate Windows.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.