Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion 550-126
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I follwed the "how to perform a clean boot in windows"instructions found on the Microsoft Support site.  I was not as easy as I hoped and now all my Task Manager Services are stopped.  I can not acces the internet, open any Office programs, etc. Thjis was done when trying to correct a problem with Facebook.  How can I get the services started again? My PC is a 64 bit Pavillion Desktop 550-126, OS Windows 10 and I use Google Chrome. I tried to do a Recovery but it could not complete and made no changes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

> I tried to do a Recovery but it could not complete and made no changes.

Which "recovery" method did you select?

Restore to the originally-installed version of Windows?

The "reset my PC" option within Windows, that will leave your applications (such as Office) in a working state?

If the recovery was successful, I can imagine that some of the device-drivers (especially your network-card that gives you Internet access) would need to be reinstalled, and that Microsoft Office would need to be installed.

Some Other Persons may suggest:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

to download Windows 10, and reinstall it, at no cost to you.  But, in your case, I do not recommend this.

If you don't have the technical skills to trouble-shoot your current problems, and the built-in "troubleshooters" within the Windows "Control Panel" do not help, it's time to take your computer to a qualified technician for him/her to work on it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

> I tried to do a Recovery but it could not complete and made no changes.

Which "recovery" method did you select?

Restore to the originally-installed version of Windows?

The "reset my PC" option within Windows, that will leave your applications (such as Office) in a working state?

If the recovery was successful, I can imagine that some of the device-drivers (especially your network-card that gives you Internet access) would need to be reinstalled, and that Microsoft Office would need to be installed.

Some Other Persons may suggest:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

to download Windows 10, and reinstall it, at no cost to you.  But, in your case, I do not recommend this.

If you don't have the technical skills to trouble-shoot your current problems, and the built-in "troubleshooters" within the Windows "Control Panel" do not help, it's time to take your computer to a qualified technician for him/her to work on it.

HP Recommended

I agree that I will not go much further without using a pro.  

Yes, I did use the Reset method that would have kept my programs and apps and it just said no can do.  Most likely due to the many stopped services. I was at that time unalble to get on the internet.

Since this post, I decided to go back to the clean boot instrtuctions and see if I could "back out" of the stopped services.  I was able to find a button for Enable all and I am now back in business.  I can access the intgerenet and mu Office programs, etc. The services necessary are up and running.

Facebook still has troubles.  It seems faster but the posting of pictures is still dicey.  I can recall a time when posting pics was fun and easy but not now. And these are pictures I took, own and have not edited.

Again, thanks for you help and interest.

HP Recommended

> the posting of pictures is still dicey

Can you please elaborate?

Most Internet Services Provider "bias" their connections, e.g., receive web-pages & pictures at 10 Mbits/second, but send ("upload") pictures at 0.5 to 1.0 Mbits/second.  Is that slowness in "uploading" what you are seeing?

HP Recommended

No.

Sometimes it just goes right up.  I posted 2 this afternoon with no trouble.  Other times, particularly on pages other than mine (but I am a member), it shows a grey box to show attempting to upload and then displays the message "Error.   You may be ab le to try again later". It did that when I tried right after reading your inquiry.  

Sometimes I actually see an opaque version of the photo, the message above says Uploading ... and then it switches to "No file chosen".  

I have written Facebbok in their Report a Problem section (i  Help) but they rarely answer.

HP Recommended

I'm not on Facebook -- probably the last hold-out in the world.  :generic:

Nothing that I feel compelled to "share", I guess.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.