Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pro 3330 microtower
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
I have a hp pro 3330 micro tower which came with preinstalled Windows 8.1. Yesterday due to some reason i formatted my hdd and while doing so Reserved storage were also erased. Now when i installed 8.1 it asks for product key..
So where to find it..
I don't have any recovery DVD or anything similar..
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The W8.1 product key should be in the BIOS.

I have zipped up and attached a free utility that should give you the OEM product key in the BIOS.

Not sure why you need it though, as the key should have automatically been inserted when you installed W8.1.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

The W8.1 product key should be in the BIOS.

I have zipped up and attached a free utility that should give you the OEM product key in the BIOS.

Not sure why you need it though, as the key should have automatically been inserted when you installed W8.1.

HP Recommended

> I don't have any recovery DVD.

I looked at: https://support.hp.com/ca-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pro-3330-microtower-pc/5160080

and that site does NOT offer to sell you a copy of the System Recovery DVD for 64-bit Windows 8.

Some people say to try:  www.ComputerSurgeons.com

to see if they have it for purchase.

> when I installed 8.1 ...

Did you use the "system recovery" partition on the disk-drive, or did you use your own "retail" Windows 8.1 DVD media?

HP Recommended
>" when I installed 8.1 ...

Did you use the "system recovery" partition on the disk-drive, or did you use your own "retail" Windows 8.1 DVD media?"
As i already stated, i had formatted my HDD and my system recovery partition were also erased...
HP Recommended
I also wonder why it asked as i have downloaded via link generated by microsoft support site..
Although hp support asked for ₹600 to provide with the cd and key..
No hard feelings for hp or ms since your suggestions sloved my problem... Hurray 😃
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.