Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
P6540it
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, i receive this error message that yuo can see below.

Someone can help me?

Thanks in advance for reply.

Le informazioni su come richiamare il debug JIT (Just-In-Time) anziché questa finestra
sono riportate in fondo al messaggio.

************** Testo dell'eccezione **************
System.Xml.XmlException: Documento XML non valido: Il documento non ha un elemento radice.
   in System.Xml.XmlDocument.Save(String filename)
   in HPSSFUpdater.UpgradeUpdater.IsUpdateNeeded()
   in HPSSFUpdater.View.MainWindow._bgWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
   in System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

************** Assembly caricati **************
mscorlib
    Versione assembly: 2.0.0.0
    Versione Win32: 2.0.50727.8745 (WinRel.050727-8700)
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
HPSSFUpdater
    Versione assembly: 8.4.2.2
    Versione Win32: 8.4.2.2
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Hewlett-Packard/HP%20Support%20Solutions/Modules/HPSSFUpdater.exe
System
    Versione Win32: 2.0.50727.8750 (QFE.050727-8700)
    Base di codice: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Base di codice: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Base di codice: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    Base di codice: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Base di codice: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
    Versione assembly: 3.5.0.0
    Versione Win32: 3.5.30729.8763 built by: WinRel
    Base di codice: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
WindowsBase
    Versione assembly: 3.0.0.0
    Versione Win32: 3.0.6920.8765 built by: QFE
    Base di codice: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/3.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll
mscorlib.resources
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
HP.SSF.Config
    Versione assembly: 3.3.3.5
    Versione Win32: 3.3.3.5
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Users/IOIOS%2063/AppData/Local/Temp/HPSSFUpdater/HP.SSF.Config1.dll
HP.SupportFramework.Common
    Versione assembly: 8.0.0.0
    Versione Win32: 8.5.32.203
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/hp.supportframework.common/8.0.0.0__41bdec5abf54f6dc/hp.supportframework.common.dll
System.XML.resources
    Base di codice: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.resources/2.0.0.0_it_b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.resources.dll
System.resources
    Base di codice: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.resources/2.0.0.0_it_b77a5c561934e089/System.resources.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    Base di codice: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_it_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

************** Debug JIT **************
Per attivare il debug JIT, è necessario impostare il valore
jitDebugging nella sezione system.windows.forms del file di configurazione
dell'applicazione o del computer (machine.config).
L'applicazione inoltre deve essere compilata con il debug
attivato.

Ad esempio:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Quando il debug JIT è attivato, tutte le eccezioni non gestite
vengono inviate al debugger JIT registrato nel computer,
anziché essere gestite da questa finestra di dialogo.

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Did it occur "spontaneously", or did you launch the HP Support Assistant, or some other program?

>>. HP.SupportFramework.Common

Are you using the newest version of the HP Support Assistant?

See: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-p6000-Desktop-PC-series/4162263/model/4253080/driver...

to download it.

HP Recommended

Error occur "spontaneously" (in my opinion when  HP Support Assistant try to search automatically update) , but  it happens also if i try to manually update HP Support Assistant program.

HP Recommended

What happens if you "uninstall" the current version, reboot, and use the hyperlink posted above (‎02-27-2017 11:40 AM)

to download & install the complete package?

HP Recommended

Hi,

unfortunately doesn't exist a windows 10 sw version of "HP support assistant" for my PC (i follewed the hiperlink posted but is avaliable only a version for Win 7).

So, i  have uninstalled the software on my PC,  downloded the latest version ah "HP support assistant", and installed again.

The problem is still here.

Regards

HP Recommended

See: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-p6000-Desktop-PC-series/4162263/model/42...

and download/install the "HP Advisor", to see if it can offer any updates for your Windows 10 system.

HP Recommended

Ciao,

Visto che hai jnstallato windows 10 che già da solo cerca aggiornamenti,  disinstallerei HP support assistant. Puoi sempre aggiornare da solo i driver e non so quanti driver ti offrirà HP support.

Spero sia di aiuto,

David

HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Forum. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To ensure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Forum.

German: HP Kundenforum
Spanish: Foro de usuarios de HP
French: Forum des utilisateurs
Portuguese: Fórum dos usuários HP
Chinese: 惠普个人客户支持论坛
Korean: HP 지식커뮤니티

Thank you for your understanding.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

It's not difficult to do a machine translation:

Hello

Since you have 10 windows jnstallato that already alone find updates, HP support assistant disinstallerei.

You can always upgrade from just the drivers and I don't know how many drivers will offer HP support.

I hope this helps,

David

---------------------

I infer that David wrote that Windows Update will find the missing drivers, and that HP Support Assistant is not installed in Windows 10, and that the "reference" device-drivers from the manufacturer can be used as substitutes for HP-specific device-drivers.

QED

HP Recommended

Hi,

Since mdklassen would like a translation, i will provide one in english. I wrote in Italian since the user obviously has an italian computer and an italian system installed.

"Hi, since you already have Windows 10 installed and it searches for updates automatically, you can uninstall HP support assistant. You can also always find drivers on your own as I do not know that HP support will provide you with many updates.   Hope it helps"

Since mdklassen wants to know the reasons behind my answers in general. The computer the user is using is an older computer and HP doesn't offer updated drivers since Windows 7. So I believe that the software HP support will probably not other many updates to the system and can be uninstalled without any negative effects since it is causing problems in the PC. Windows 10 will most likely install any drivers needed for the system and any other drivers the user can find on the websites of the manufacturer of the device. I am thinking about graphics could be problem in future.

Hope it helps,

David

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.