Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

> HP doesn't offer updated drivers since Windows 7.

Yes, they do.  HP has provided the updated device-drivers to Microsoft.

Microsoft makes those device-drivers available, either:

* by including them within the Windows 10 media,

* by making them available via Windows Update.

So, there is no need for HP to post the device-drivers onto their own web-site.

Call it "one-stop-shopping" -- install Windows 10 on your HP computer, and you are ready-to-go.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Your confusion reigns high :smileyhappy:!!!

HP doesn't provide updated drivers for that computer since windows 7!! 

Microsoft will look at devices on computer and find most or all drivers for the devices.

HP provides drivers for all more recent models, even for windows 10 on their website!!!

David

HP Recommended

> HP doesn't provide updated drivers for that computer since windows 7!! 

You are not correct.

HP has a choice:

* provide the device-drivers on their own web-site;

* provide the device-drivers ONLY to Microsoft, for inclusion on the Windows 8/8.1/10 media, or for availability via Windows Update.

Why are you criticizing my messages, rather than trying to help the author solve their problem?

HP Recommended

> Product Name: P6540it

> Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This product was released in 2010, with Windows Vista pre-installed.

In 2011, Windows 7 was released.

See: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-p6000-Desktop-PC-series/4162263/model/42...

for device-drivers for Windows 7.

Given the length of time between 2011 and now (2017), Microsoft & HP have cooperated to integrate the necessary device-drivers for Windows 8/8.1/10 into the respective Installation Media DVDs.

So, there is no need for HP to make the device-drivers available on HP's web-site, since installing Windows 8/8.1/10 will automatically install the necessary device-drivers.

QED.

HP Recommended

Hi mdklassen,

I am using your technique of analysing answers given rather than providing new answers which you began using some days ago in one of the threads I was answering on Intel Rapid Storage Technology. I thought I would try this technique and see if you liked it:smileyhappy:

David

HP Recommended

> I am using your technique of analysing answers given rather than providing new answers which you began using some days ago in one of the threads I was answering on Intel Rapid Storage Technology. I thought I would try this technique and see if you liked it.

Again, your response is not helpful to the author who is looking for a solution to the problem.

Please stick to "helping".

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.