Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pro desktop 400
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have recently had a re-install done here with help from HP , and I am sure he updated my drivers..... but I keep getting windows update trying to install  a driver update ..intel hd graphic 530 which fails each time.... what should i be doing about this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

> I already have the Intel 530 graphics which windows update is trying to install.... what do you suggest now.

I repeat my suggestion: from within Device Manager, "uninstall" the update, reboot, and let Windows Update reinstall the update.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Oopen the Windows "Device Manager".

Double-click "Display Adapters".

Choose "uninstall".

After it completes, reboot, and see if the update will automatically be applied.

HP Recommended

Hi , Upon doing this I find that I already have the Intel 530 graphics which windows update is trying to install.... what do you suggest now.... do I just hide the windows update or what ?  your advise is appreciated.  

HP Recommended

> I already have the Intel 530 graphics which windows update is trying to install.... what do you suggest now.

I repeat my suggestion: from within Device Manager, "uninstall" the update, reboot, and let Windows Update reinstall the update.

HP Recommended

when i go to devise manger and right click on the 530 graphics driver , windows says it is already up to date, but windows update still keeps trying to download it , but fails.... ?????

HP Recommended

> when i go to device manager and right click on the 530 graphics driver, windows says it is already up to date,

Yes.  That is the PROBLEM.  Click "uninstall".  Reboot.

> but windows update still keeps trying to download it , but fails.... ?????

It probably has SUCCEEDED in "downloading" the update, but has FAILED to "install" the update, because the update has already been installed.

Compare to trying to close an already-closed door -- you cannot close it until you first open it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.