Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Prodesk Microtower
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just started experiencing the problem with the repeating key on the lock screen. When I do WINDOWS key and L the window locks like it is suppose to however the password box fills like a keyboard key is being continually pressed. The fix for me is to unplug the usb then replug in the keyboard. at that point i can log in as expected.

This only happens on the lock screen. Any other time there is no evidence of repeating characters.

my keyboard is a "Razer BlackWidow Ultimate" I have verified that the drivers are most current using device manager and via the utility that came with the keyboard. the software version is 1.18. the keyboard driver ver is 6.2.9200 16384

The character that is repeating on the lock screen is either a capitol i or a lower case L. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

tomfx

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about the lock screen repeating characters and wanted to help.

I have a Corsair gaming keyboard and it supports macros -- which can be software, but also loaded into the firmware of the keyboard, such that, they are implemented regardless of the OS that I am using at the time.

Your problem sounds like the combination of the Windows key + the "L" key invokes a macro that repeatedly generates an "l" key code until you disconnect the keyboard.  I don't know how Razer implements keyboard macros, so I can't tell you where to look, but it's worth examining.

Good Luck
========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

tomfx

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about the lock screen repeating characters and wanted to help.

I have a Corsair gaming keyboard and it supports macros -- which can be software, but also loaded into the firmware of the keyboard, such that, they are implemented regardless of the OS that I am using at the time.

Your problem sounds like the combination of the Windows key + the "L" key invokes a macro that repeatedly generates an "l" key code until you disconnect the keyboard.  I don't know how Razer implements keyboard macros, so I can't tell you where to look, but it's worth examining.

Good Luck
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I found the razor keyboard software in the system tray. after stopping the software the problem ceased. thank you for the correct directon to follow. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.